    computer?. I have a home based computer, a laptop for my business and my
    wife has one for her business...so I have to buy THREE antivirus
    programs???? Jim

    Jimi, Dec 23, 2005

  2. Jimi

    Gary Guest

    You need to read the software license agreement, but probably that is
    what they have in mind. Get AVG from Grisoft instead. It works better
    and if you look deep enough into their web page, you will find the free
    version.

    Gary, Dec 23, 2005

  3. Jimi

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In Gary spewed forth:
    Some other commercial AV programs have multi-user options. Do some research
    on Google.
    Not to mention that Norton is proving to be quite troublesome for the last
    few years. I won't recommend it to anyone.

    Here's a link for the free AVG:

    http://free.grisoft.com/doc/Get+AVG+FREE/lng/us/tpl/v5

    Toolman Tim, Dec 23, 2005
  4. Jimi

    Plato Guest

    You dont have to buy ANY anti-virus programs. Use the half dozen or so
    free ones.

    Plato, Dec 23, 2005
  5. Jimi

    Mitch Guest

    Normally, but if you look at the license you MIGHT be allowed to
    install it to more than one.
    For instance, a few programs I have will allow me to install to my work
    computer and my home computer both, or to my desktop and laptop both,
    and I wouldn't be surprised if some programs allowed installing to all
    computers in a single household.

    But from a selection standpoint, Norton is an unpopular choice. It
    seems to be the most damaging to system resources, and causes lots of
    occasional problems as well (you can see many of those right here in
    the group.)
    If you find that most of your favored choices are too restrictive, AVG
    has a decent reputation (grisoft.com) and is free, but turn off any
    notices and 'automatically scanned by' inserts so people don't have to
    deal with that.

    Mitch, Dec 23, 2005