    i am running XP(sp2)
    anyone know why this happens, or how to fix it?

    Thanks

    knacker, Apr 4, 2005

  2. knacker

    10_4 Guest

    Go here and download the fix
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPOR...r=2004 for Windows 2000/Me/98/XP&osv=&osv_lvl

    If that does not work go to the site and search support for activation
    issues.

    Good luck!

    10_4, Apr 4, 2005

  3. Hi knacker,
    unfortunately I still have the same question but I can only tell you
    from
    my experience that I bought the same, to renew what I already had but
    online
    and since that I have a blinking icon on my pc that stands as a warning
    that
    I need an update and also when I run my live update, it tries and after 2
    seconds tells me that it isn't able to do so.
    I read just about anything that could be the problem, at the Symantec
    text
    online...I am only lucky that it actually does the updating part
    automatically but on the other side it warns me that it doesn't. So,
    somehow
    it is not connected from all the sides...complecated and tiring.

    Anyway, try to find what you need here:
    www.symantec.com

    ps.whenever something doesn't work, people usually advice to delete it
    and
    try all over from the beginning the instalation!!??

    Bye

    Marina Djuric, Apr 4, 2005
  4. knacker

    knacker Guest

    knacker, Apr 4, 2005
  5. knacker

    Franco Guest

    This is just Nortons way of saving you the trouble of actually having
    a virus infection to experience what having one is like.

    Franco, Apr 7, 2005