    at all but some other technology that they have perfected. This of
    course all happens at Layer 2.

    thanks

    tony, Nov 25, 2003

  2. tony

    Dave Keith Guest

    We had that capability with Develcon WAN routers in the early 90's. Of
    course it was a remnant of the DevelNet technology from the 80's ... not
    that this helps a Cisco shop :)

    Dave Keith, Nov 25, 2003

  3. tony

    dbis Guest

    We had that capability with Develcon WAN routers in the early 90's. Of
    not sure about cisco, but 3com 49xx or 40x0 w/ XRN does LACP across
    units. I have tested two 3com 4900 + XRN in distributed fabric and got
    subsecond switch over (120 ms delay in ping round trip vs. 10 ms in
    normal operation)

    dbis, Nov 25, 2003
  4. tony

    Geert Nijs Guest

    You have reached the same conclusion as i: no cisco does not have an
    equivalent for this.
    quite shocking he :)

    on the new 3750 switches they have some features that "resembles" it, but
    its not really the same......

    The basis of Nortel Split MLT is that the two backbone 8600 routers appear
    as ONE switch to the access
    switch (stack). And the two uplink are just a channel (cisco terminology).
    This is possible due to a special dedicated link between the 8600 (need
    1Gbit), called SMLT......

    Geert

    Geert Nijs, Nov 25, 2003
  5. tony

    charan_jeetsingh

    Joined:
    Aug 14, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    charan_jeetsingh, Aug 14, 2006
  6. tony

    rasoolg

    Joined:
    Nov 24, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Cisco has got Virtual Switching which kills SMLT!

    Refer to my document in here :

    www . net-grp . com

    and search for VSS

    rasoolg, Nov 24, 2010
  7. tony

    MC13

    Joined:
    Mar 17, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Nortel/Avaya switch clustering (SMLT) kills Cisco VSS
    Nortel has on all layer 3 switches
    Cisco only on 6500 and 720 sup for legacy hardware.
    Nortel provided on all existing layer 3 switches in later code.
    Also Nortel/Avaya clustering way easier to setup than cisco.

    MC13, Mar 17, 2011
  8. tony

    Zmegolaz

    Joined: