    Any one have any sugestions other than throwing one or the other
    product out?

    Thanks

    Bobby, Sep 23, 2004

  2. I believe that the wireing is different for the Inline power on 2004i and
    hence incompatible with the Cisco switches.

    HTH
    Martin

    Martin Bilgrav, Sep 23, 2004

  3. Bobby

    bobby Guest

    How is it that Nortel can state the 2004 is IEEE 802.3af PoE standard
    if the wiring is different?

    Thanks

    bobby, Sep 24, 2004
  4. How is it that it is not working ?
    I did not reffer to any standards - just what I have been informed by Cisco,
    some 2 years back in time.
    I did not state that eighter Cisco or Nortel confirms to IEEE.

    If both device comply, then it would work, wouldn't it.
    Assume that the senario that the wiring do comply, but the voltages doesnt.
    Then Nortel - or Cisco - can say the comply.

    Kind regards
    Martin

    Martin Bilgrav, Sep 24, 2004
  5. Bobby

    RC Guest

    Are you trying to plug the i2004 directly into the switch? The i2004
    requires a splitter/dongle to support 802.3af. There will be a rev. II of
    the i2004 that won't need this (at least that's what Nortel tells me).

    You can get the splitter from Nortel or PowerDsine both can be found
    on-line.

    RC, Sep 24, 2004