  1. I heard these 2 titles are being made into a Warner's line of 2-disc special
    editions. Any truth to this? And if it is, when can we expect this? Exciting
    news if Scorses and Mann participated in a commentary recording!!

    alex crouvier, Jan 1, 2004

  2. alex crouvier

    Jules Dubois Guest

    On Thu, 1 Jan 2004 11:08:36 +0800, in article
    Norm's been absent for many months. Apparently, he involved himself in one
    too many flame wars and finally decided he had had enough.

    Jules Dubois, Jan 1, 2004

  3. correction: a number of assholes goaded him one too many times and he decided
    he wanted to hang around more mature folks.

    Vlvetmorning98, Jan 1, 2004
  4. alex crouvier

    Jules Dubois Guest

    On 01 Jan 2004 22:56:48 GMT, in article
    Yes, thanks for the correction. What I meant to say (!) was he "finally
    decided he had had enough [of the personal abuse from a few of our many
    juvenile personalities.] It's unforunate; I remember when he was voted
    alt.video.dvd's Most Valuable Poster in 1998.

    When DVDs were a "videophile" format, this was one of the best newsgroups
    on the net. Since DVDs went mainstream, alt.video.dvd has descended to
    just one step above the computer-hardware fanboy groups.

    Jules Dubois, Jan 2, 2004
  5. alex crouvier

    tom Guest

    Dont ever go into aus.hi-fi then because it's full of arseholes that all
    they do is abuse eachother.

    tom, Jan 2, 2004
  6. alex crouvier

    Justin Guest

    Jules Dubois wrote on [Thu, 1 Jan 2004 18:59:22 -0700]:
    Yeah. It's a shame. And it all seemed to happen over the last 12 months
    or so.

    This group used to have several hundred useful posts a day....now it's
    rare to get a few

    Justin, Jan 2, 2004
  7. alex crouvier

    john33907 Guest

    And alt.video.dvdr is worse

    john33907, Jan 2, 2004
  8. alex crouvier

    Steve Hanson Guest

    Now there's just people like you left. Bummer.

    Steve Hanson, Jan 2, 2004