  1. Sandman

    Sandman Guest

    Right about what, Sid?

    Sandman, Aug 30, 2013

  2. 0:59s
    Donnie Brasco - Forget About It

    A scene from Donnie Brasco where Johnny Depp explains
    what "forget about it" means.

    Not being a Noo Yawker, I can't comment on the authenticity
    of the spelling or the pronunciation.

    pensive hamster, Aug 30, 2013

  3. Yeah, but fuggedaboutit gets about 1,290,000 results ...

    pensive hamster, Aug 30, 2013
  4. Sandman

    Sandman Guest

    Yeah, but fuggedaboutit gets about 1,290,000 results ...[/QUOTE]

    Ah, even better, then :)

    Sandman, Aug 30, 2013
  5. Sandman

    PeterN Guest

    I was born and raised in Noo Yawk. The pronunciation is whatever you
    want it to be. Since the spelling is phonetic, ya pays yer money an ya
    takes yer cherce.

    PeterN, Aug 30, 2013
  6. Sandman

    PeterN Guest

    I am still waiting for an apology.

    PeterN, Aug 30, 2013
  7. Sandman

    Sandman Guest

    I am still waiting for an apology.[/QUOTE]

    For what?

    Sandman, Aug 30, 2013
  8. Sandman

    Tony Cooper Guest

    And, like Vladimir and Estagon, you will continue to wait.

    Tony Cooper, Aug 30, 2013
  9. Sandman

    PeterN Guest

    For what?
    [/QUOTE]

    Is your memory that selectively short.
    When I said you corrected my spelling of a non word, yu called me a
    liar. If you thumb back, just today, you will see.
    NO! I really expect a weasel out. But If you are a gentlemen, you
    certainly would admit your error and apologize.

    PeterN, Aug 30, 2013
  10. Sandman

    PeterN Guest

    I know

    PeterN, Aug 30, 2013
  11. Sandman

    sid Guest

    Ah, so just ignore it is the selected approach eh?

    sid, Aug 30, 2013
  12. Sandman

    Sandman Guest

    Is your memory that selectively short.[/QUOTE]

    I don't know what "that" is in reference to here.
    Huh? No, I asked you to support your claim that I:

    PeterN <>
    <>

    criticizing usage of American English, especially the
    spelling of artificial words

    You have yet to provide support for that claim - where I have
    *criticized* the spelling of an "artificial word" (whatever that means).
    Emphasize mine, so you'll know just what part I am questioning, you know
    - like I did in my very first followup:

    Sandman <>
    <>

    when did I *criticize* the *spelling* of "artificial words"?
    Like you admitted to your error and apologized for making claims you
    can't or won't back up, Peter? Just like that? I'm still waiting.

    Sandman, Aug 31, 2013
  13. Sandman

    Sandman Guest

    Ah, so just ignore it is the selected approach eh?[/QUOTE]

    Why can't you answer the question, Sid? Why weasel like this? It's a
    straight forward question, and since it follows an explicit claim of
    yours, it should be easy to just answer it? Why the games, Sid?

    What is it that I am supposed to be "right" about, in your view? To be
    right, I surely must have made a claim that I have yet to support,
    right? But you're responding to a sub thread where the discussion is
    about a claim that *Peter* has made that he has yet to support. Ironic,
    I should say.

    So, stop with the game playing and just answer the question.

    Sandman, Aug 31, 2013
  14. Sandman

    sid Guest

    Why can't you answer the question, Sid? Why weasel like this? It's a
    straight forward question, and since it follows an explicit claim of
    yours, it should be easy to just answer it? Why the games, Sid?

    What is it that I am supposed to be "right" about, in your view? To be
    right, I surely must have made a claim that I have yet to support,
    right? But you're responding to a sub thread where the discussion is
    about a claim that *Peter* has made that he has yet to support. Ironic,
    I should say.

    So, stop with the game playing and just answer the question.[/QUOTE]

    I'm not playing games or weaseling, unlike you! You know full well what was
    being refered to, you snipped it out before replying to me. Pretending to
    ignore the facts does not make them go away in the eyes of those all around
    you.

    sid, Aug 31, 2013
  15. Sandman

    Sandman Guest

    I'm not playing games or weaseling, unlike you! You know full well what was
    being refered to, you snipped it out before replying to me. Pretending to
    ignore the facts does not make them go away in the eyes of those all around
    you.[/QUOTE]

    I snipped away things Tony had written, yes. Is it your claim that Tony
    had written about something I need to be "right" about? Because I don't
    read what Tony writes since he is a troll and a proven liar. So if Tony
    had written what I am supposed to be right about, you need to write it
    again.

    Why do you continue to weasel? You failed to answer the question yet
    again, Sid.

    What exactly is it that I am supposed to be "right" about, Sid? I'm
    asking you, not Tony. Your claim, you answer.

    Stop with your games and just answer the question.

    Sandman, Aug 31, 2013
  16. Sandman

    David Taylor Guest

    If all of you would keep to photography, digital photography at that, it
    would give our Delete keys a bit of a rest!

    David Taylor, Aug 31, 2013
  17. Sandman

    Sandman Guest

    Haha, indeed!

    Sandman, Aug 31, 2013
  18. Sandman

    PeterN Guest

    I don't know what "that" is in reference to here.
    Huh? No, I asked you to support your claim that I:

    PeterN <>
    <>

    criticizing usage of American English, especially the
    spelling of artificial words

    You have yet to provide support for that claim - where I have
    *criticized* the spelling of an "artificial word" (whatever that means).
    Emphasize mine, so you'll know just what part I am questioning, you know
    - like I did in my very first followup:

    Sandman <>
    <>

    when did I *criticize* the *spelling* of "artificial words"?
    Like you admitted to your error and apologized for making claims you
    can't or won't back up, Peter? Just like that? I'm still waiting.
    [/QUOTE]

    Your claim of my "admission" of error, comes from either your:
    ignorance; stubbornness; or malevolence. I have no evidence as to which
    of the possibilities.

    PeterN, Aug 31, 2013
  19. Sandman

    Sandman Guest

    I can't seem to find that claim, Peter. Or do you mean this one:

    Sandman <>
    <>

    So you admit to having made an incorrect claim then. Good.

    That was a conclusion I made when you changed your claim from
    "criticize" to "correct", so I took it that you admitted that I hadn't
    criticized your spelling at all.

    Sandman, Aug 31, 2013
  20. Sandman

    Tony Cooper Guest

    I wonder if Jonas thinks he's fooling anyone?

    It would have been better for him to just pretend he didn't realize
    he'd been caught out in a lie and continued to ignore the charges.
    This makes him look both foolish and deceitful.

    It's rather amusing that a person who misuses the words "lie" and
    "liar" engages in this type of attempted misdirection. Of course, he
    thinks that anyone who points out his mistakes is lying.

    Tony Cooper, Aug 31, 2013