Nora

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Sandman, Aug 18, 2013.

  1. Sandman

    Whisky-dave Guest

    Whisky-dave, Aug 20, 2013

  2. Sandman

    PeterN Guest

    Obviously, it scares the little critters into a pre focused spot.

    PeterN, Aug 20, 2013

  3. Sandman

    PeterN Guest

    Your spelling is wrong. the correct spelling is "HOW-w-w-DEE--E-E-E!!"
    Dontcha know nuttin?

    PeterN, Aug 20, 2013
  4. Sandman

    sid Guest

    So it should be clear to you.......... blah blah blah[/QUOTE]

    Seeing as you snipped the relevant bits and are clearly not listening to
    everyone else in the group I'll leave you to your digging. Oz shouldn't be
    too far away now.

    sid, Aug 20, 2013
  5. Sandman

    PeterN Guest

    There is a subsequent post in which he tries to call me out for
    correcting him incorrectly, here.

    That being said, his photography shows a lot of promise.

    PeterN, Aug 21, 2013
  6. Sandman

    Sandman Guest

    Seeing...[/QUOTE]

    Hardly, sid. Hardly. :)

    Sandman, Aug 21, 2013
  7. Sandman

    Sandman Guest

    due[/QUOTE]

    Uh, seriously?
    Do you have stuff between your ears on the outside of your head, Drunk
    Dave?

    Sandman, Aug 21, 2013
  8. Sandman

    Sandman Guest

    I doubt such people that can't tell the differnce between a spelling error
    and a typo need to be put in an asylum but those that make such a song and
    dance about it should be sectioned for their own good.[/QUOTE]

    Those that make such a song and dance, huh? Remind me who posted the
    first grammar flame in this thread, Drunk Dave? Was it Savageduck? Hmmm,
    no... Was it Sid? Uh, no... Maybe it was Pensive Hamster?

    No wait, that would be YOU!

    Ironic.

    I rarely, if ever, make spelling or grammar flames. I don't care much
    about it. I make plenty of those errors myself, so there would be no
    point of me trying to sit on high horses pointing out errors of other
    out of the blue, like you do.

    And when you did, and while the same time failing simple grammar in your
    own grammar flame (now confirmed by you, but naturally snipped in this
    followup), then I call out the irony.

    What I didn't anticipate was the onslaught of people ready to make a
    song and dance about your grammar being intentionally incorrect and me
    "just not getting it". They have fallen strangely silent now that you
    have confirmed that the grammar in your initial grammar flame was
    incorrectly used, even for the reference you made.

    Yeah, that's some song and dance, Drunk Dave! All I did was post
    pictures of a train. :)

    Sandman, Aug 21, 2013
  9. Sandman

    Whisky-dave Guest

    wot's nuttin, some sort of peanut butter.

    my translantion would be , you don't know nuffin, not an f'ing fing ;)

    Whisky-dave, Aug 21, 2013
  10. Sandman

    Whisky-dave Guest

    No, but donlt know who he is.
    Why limit your search just one thread is it because it'll be too difficult for you to actualy find out who started the gramma and spelling flames.

    Why are you saying conversations personalities and characters can't be present across threads.

    Niether do I, I only comment on others that comment on mine or decide that because I type teh rather than the, I'm drunk.

    So what is yuor excuse for gramma and spelling mistakes drunkeness or imcompedence. or are you not bright enough to tell.

    you're the one calling me drunk, I just attempt to show and correct your mistakes, see the bellow(s) error, did I say your drink, I could have said are you high on krack.

    it wasn;t me that started the grammar flames., but it was you that doesn't seem to understand why things are sometimes written the way they are.

    because it went straight over your head, that isn't our fault.
    I think you're starting to imagine things.
    You;'re ther one that got it wrong, you were teh one that posted a so called phrase that I used and I did not use it.

    Pictures of a train, sorry I don't remmeber those pictures.
    I do remmebr a young blonde girl and somethinng about a smoke machine, is that what your referring to. My comment on those was stick a fag in her mounth or something similar. I assume you can work out what a fag is meant to mean in this case.
    Where's this train you're refering to and what did I say about it ?

    Whisky-dave, Aug 21, 2013
  11. Sandman

    Sandman Guest

    Please read the original post again. It was intentionally written in that
    way ( it is even quite a common joke in the UK).[/QUOTE]

    Yeah, but as far as anyone ever have shown, it does not generally mix
    tense. I.e. the correct usage of the joke would have been:

    "pity you don't speak proper english like what me and the queen does"
    Yeah, that was my mistake.
    My doubts have shown to be true, verified by Drunk Dave himself,
    actually.
    The "main part" of the joke is the reference to Morecambe and Wise's
    catchphrase "the play what I wrote", and several versions of it. I have
    yet to find any version of this catchphrase that also mixes tenses. You
    are free to help me out here, of course.

    I used another example in an earlier post, this is akin to writing this:

    "I've lose me marbles, said the leprechaun"

    Now, this catch-phrase already has whacky grammar given the "me" instead
    of "my", but that doesn't mean you can change the tense of any other
    words and pretend it's ok.

    The point is that even if the reference has intentionally faulty
    grammar, that doesn't justify you adding even more bad grammar.

    Sandman, Aug 21, 2013
  12. Sandman

    Sandman Guest

    Why are you saying conversations personalities and characters can't be
    present across threads.[/QUOTE]

    I can't decode the above sentence to a coherent question.
    Yeah, because "teh" is the only mistake you make, Dave :)
    My spelling mistakes are obvious oversights, my grammar mistakes are
    lack of knowledge at points, or just brain farts in other cases.
    Yeah? Better than stupid, is it not? I mean, being unable to write
    coherently due to something external must be better than due to
    something internal?

    Do you have some other explanation?
    While making some new ones yourself in the process :)
    Of course it was.
    Such as?
    Is that why you confirmed in your post that you had mistakenly mixed the
    tense, and I was correct from the beginning? Yeah, that must be it.
    That's the liquor talking :)
    Uh, I have been quoting you verbatim the whole time. This is your first
    post in this thread:

    Whisky-dave <>
    <>

    Nice pics pity you don't speak proper english like what me
    and the queen do

    And then you tried to explain the reference, and you wrote this:

    Whisky-dave <>
    <>

    And I think it was ericM that used a phrase such as I speak
    the queens english like wot she does.

    I wonder if you will be able to spot the difference. I mean, I've only
    pointed it out some thirty times now :)
    I know, you got busy quickly with grammar flames instead. :)
    It's even quoted above, drunk Dave :)

    Sandman, Aug 21, 2013
  13. Sandman

    Tony Cooper Guest

[...]

    grammar, that doesn't justify you adding even more bad grammar.[/QUOTE]

    Absolutely amazing! Jonas feels that a person who makes grammatical
    mistakes would not mix tenses in a sentence.

    His leprechaun example contains only one mistake - "lose" instead of
    "lost" - and one dialectical convention that is not a mistake at all.
    No mixed-tense example. It also contains a punctuation error.

    Tony Cooper, Aug 21, 2013
  14. Sandman

    Tony Cooper Guest

    Mind boggling is an understatement. He keeps adding mistake to
    mistake. The last one of his posts I read referred to Dave's comment
    as a "catchphrase". It's not. A "Catchphrase" is a repeated usage
    used as a signature for one person or radio or television show.
    Americans probably all know Rodney Dangerfield's "I don't get no
    respect" (he used variations of that, but the "no respect" was always
    included) catchphrase and UK readers will recognize "I didn't get to
    where I am today..." for "Reginald Perrin" (Leonard Rossiter).

    Jonas might recognize Victor Borge's catchphrase-style of
    incrementally increasing word numbers in his "Inflationary Language"
    routines: "fivehead" for "forehead" and "and so fifth".

    Dave's comment was more of a generic riff on ungrammatical English in
    a Brit style, but not a Morecambe and Wise catchphrase. M&W were
    known for bits employing bad grammar and twisted syntax, but this
    wasn't a catchphrase of theirs.

    Nor was it a "cultural reference" despite an allusion to the "queen"
    It was a parody of the Queen's English, but the Queen's English is not
    culture-specific.

    Jonas compounds his error trying to convince us Dave made an error in
    mixing tenses as if a sentence bollixed up grammatically couldn't have
    a mixed tense error.

    When Jonas writes "The problem, as I'm sure you're aware of by now,
    was that Dave mistakenly wrote "like what me and the queen do" where
    he should have used "like what me and the queen DOES". And that's
    ignoring the other mistakes." it boggles the boggled mind.

    He is *determined* not to "get it". If you make it any clearer that
    he's completely off-base, his refuge is to killfile you. It's the
    newsgroup equivalent to holding his hands over his ears and loudly
    going "la-la-la-la" to drown out the opposing voice.

    He won't see this, though, and will remain - happily, I'm sure - in
    ignorance.

    Tony Cooper, Aug 21, 2013
  15. Sandman

    sid Guest

    That's it in a nutshell, as straight forward as that.
    I'm sure he has already!

    sid, Aug 21, 2013
  16. Sandman

    Tony Cooper Guest

    Dave is kinda likable, but an effort to follow. The typos/spelling
    error bother me less than the visual appearance of his posts due to
    the interface he uses.

    I don't pick up that Dave drinks as Jonas seem to think. He's just
    adopted a name that identifies which Dave he is, as far as I can tell.

    Tony Cooper, Aug 22, 2013
  17. pensive hamster, Aug 22, 2013
  18. Sandman

    Sandman Guest

    Haha, no. The jibe was fine. My response to his post was a humorous jibe
    back at him, making fun of the fact that he made a grammar mistake in
    his grammar flame, which is ironic.

    A lot of OTHER posters seems to have become bent out of shape about
    that, however. For reasons I can't begin to understand it became very
    important to you people that Dave didn't make a grammar mistake! I'm not
    sure why that was so important.
    Of course.
    Unless you ask you guys, who has made a huge deal about how important
    the "mangled grammar" was. It's quite unimportant to me, it was just
    ironic that it was present.
    Huh? Dave himself has confirmed it! Pensive hamster as well, and lately
    now Sid posted three (3) links that all agree with my side of the story
    - i.e. that even if a phrase is based on grammatical inaccuracy, adding
    more to it isn't justified. If I were to listen to you guys, this
    version of the line would be perfectly viable:

    "pity you didn't spoken English like what myself also the Queen
    has did"

    ALL examples of this phrase used by ANYONE in this thread has NOT mixed
    tense apart from Dave's first post. Every single example shared by
    anyone has supported me 100%.

    And yet you guys go on and on and on and on. Rinse and repeat.

    Sandman, Aug 22, 2013
  19. Sandman

    Sandman Guest

    Tråkigt att höra, min är full med avklippta naglar och bitar av ett
    marsvin. :)

    Sandman, Aug 22, 2013
  20. Sandman

    PeterN Guest