    picture.

    Any clues, anyone?

    Adam.

    Adam Banks, Oct 13, 2003

  2. Adam Banks

    Paul Mathews Guest

    Paul Mathews, Oct 13, 2003

  3. Adam Banks

    Acetyldehyde Guest

    DU meter. Very good but requires payment after 30 days (or crack)

    Acetyldehyde, Oct 13, 2003
  4. Adam Banks

    Paul Mathews Guest

    I can't see your point in posting this..?

    My one is FREE.

    Paul Mathews, Oct 14, 2003
  5. Adam Banks

    T.N.O. Guest

    they are called options Roger, some want to pay for software that has more
    features or a particular feature that they like.

    T.N.O., Oct 14, 2003
  6. Adam Banks

    AD. Guest

    So is Linux.

    Or are some things are worth paying extra for? Make your mind up.

    AD., Oct 14, 2003
  7. Adam Banks

    Adam Banks Guest

    Paul - thanks for that - it's one of the better DL meters (and yes, it
    is FREE <g>).

    However, it seems (to me) more designed to *monitoring* your
    connection. I was hoping for something [simple] that runs a standard
    test for both incoming and outgoing speed - as the stats Netstat
    produce are a sort of average. Also, I'd need to manually ensure some
    sort of traffic in both directions.

    I suppose the best thing would be to run the game (or sim) first with
    NSL sat in the background, quit the game then check the stats. Ideally
    though, you need an idea of bandwidth speeds *before* you start trying
    to link up with people.

    Adam.

    Adam Banks, Oct 16, 2003