    camera--with the 283's sensor handling the lighting issue--or would the 5700
    STILL insist on using its built-in sensor which is useless in this case?

    LRH

    Larry R Harrison Jr, Jun 4, 2004

  2. Larry R Harrison Jr

    TheNewsGuy Guest

    I am in the SAME position as yourself. When I bought the 5700,
    knowing it had a Nikon hotshoe I assumed (silly me!) it would use the
    features of Nikon speedlights. NOT TRUE!!! Very dissapointing. So
    I purchased a much cheaper Vivitar 730Ni. It works well in most
    situations.

    But for macro there is a REAL problem. The non-TTL sensor in the
    Nikon flash will NOT be reading the light from your subject. Even
    with external flash "on" and internal flash "off",

    Check out CK's wonderful Coolpix site... http://tinyurl.com/2yo7r ...
    on ... http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/DigiCam/

    + The News Guy(Mike) - Seinfeld Lists
    + (two mirrored sites)