    there any way I can allow him to run MBSA and access WUS without making him a
    local admin. I thought about scripting using the RUNAS command, but I'm not
    that good at scripting.

    Guest, Nov 7, 2005

  2. Guest

    Frisbee® Guest

    I donut understand.

    What do the Mean Boy Scouts of America and the Women Using Stun-guns have to
    do with installing patches? Oh, wait, I get it. The Women are sewing
    patches on the Scouts' uniforms.

    Frisbee®, Nov 7, 2005

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    My bust for thinking there might be someone helpful out there. I'll try
    another source.

    Guest, Nov 7, 2005
  4. Guest

    Neil Guest

    bad idea unless you have a tool to encrypt the vbs into a vbe (or the java
    equivalent).

    Neil, Nov 7, 2005
  5. Guest

    Frisbee® Guest

    What does your bust have to do with it?

    Geeze, I come to this place to learn and people will just not answer any of
    my questions.

    Frisbee®, Nov 7, 2005
  6. Guest

    Neil Guest

    from http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305385

    Q: What permissions do I need to run MBSA against remote computers?
    A: You must have administrative credentials on every computer that you
    scan.

    so, you will have to run them for him or write a script or upgrade to SMS
    and then grant him the permission to read reports.

    Neil, Nov 7, 2005
  7. Guest

    Neil Guest

    <cricket.wav>

    Neil, Nov 7, 2005
  8. Guest

    Guest Guest

    You come to this place to be a smart ass. I've looked other responses from
    you and you never give a straight answer. Pasting a web site here and there
    can't be that tough. If you can answer the question do it, otherwise shut
    the F___ up.

    Guest, Nov 7, 2005
  9. Guest

    MitchS Guest

    Not that there's anything wrong with that.

    MitchS, Nov 7, 2005
  10. Guest

    Neil Guest

    bitter much? why not look it up yourself or try a group more appropriate,
    like security or scripting instead of lashing out. But if you can't here's
    a nickle, buy a personality.

    HTH, HAND

    Neil, Nov 7, 2005
  11. Guest

    Frisbee® Guest

    Hey Foghorn, here's fifty cents. Buy a sense of humor.

    Now listen up, everyone else. Leghorn here has come here to ask us a
    serious question, and nobody had better try to be a smart ass, okay? He
    wants answers, and he wants them now, and it's our job to provide him with
    those answers! Let's get cracking, people!

    Frisbee®, Nov 7, 2005
  12. Guest

    MitchS Guest

    You bite your tongue. Thou shalt not take the name of the Leghorn in vain.

    MitchS, Nov 7, 2005
  13. Guest

    Consultant Guest

    good call. most of the people that come to this newsgroup are looking for
    braindumps. not many even know what mbsa is, let alone how to write script

    Consultant, Nov 7, 2005
  14. Guest

    Guest Guest

    OK OK I surrender. Sorry for the F word and for being so up tight. For the
    record I did look it up myself as Neil recommended but was hoping someone
    knew a trick or two.

    What is the purpose of this newsgroup anyway?

    Guest, Nov 7, 2005
  15. Guest

    CBIC Guest

    We're still trying to figure that out. Most of us come here to hang out.

    CBIC, Nov 7, 2005
  16. Guest

    Frisbee® Guest

    Neil is actually one of "us." Sometimes I take on Neil's personality, and
    he becomes the smart ass. You merely caught me on my turn at smart ass
    duty.

    Okay, I'm generally a smart ass all the time, but sometimes I get serious.
    You just haven't read enough of my 6,000+ posts.
    The purpose is for those who are studying for MCSE to ask questions
    pertaining to getting certified that are not already answered on Microsoft's
    web site, or elsewhere. It's frequented by many who are already MCSE, and
    some of us who just enjoy being here for the entertainment.

    If you have microsoft-related questions in the future, I suggest that you
    post them in microsoft.public.msagent where there are plenty of helpful
    Microsoft Agents who happily answer all your questions free of charge.

    Frisbee®, Nov 7, 2005
  17. Guest

    Neil Guest

    the sole purpose of this newsgroup is for my personal entertainment. It was
    originally suppose to inform potential candidates about the certification
    process, but became a haven for those who like to cheat. since cheating is
    bad, and not much else happens, it has become my personal play place.

    NOW KNEEL AND WORSHIP BEFORE ME OR I SHA...

    *wispering in background*

    huh? oh...

    sorry, that's a different newsgroup...

    Neil, Nov 7, 2005
  18. Guest

    Neil Guest

    no one here knows a trick, but I suspect there are a couple who have turned
    a few...

    Neil, Nov 7, 2005
  19. Guest

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Frisbee® spewed across the ether:
    ROTFL

    JaR, Nov 8, 2005
  20. Guest

    Ben Smith Guest