    I wanted to have an idea before suggesting it,
    Manu
    thanks, Mick.

    Mick Cant, Mar 25, 2007

  2. Mick Cant

    Jordan Guest

    Since nobody else has replied yet, I'll offer an incomplete answer.
    I bought a simple Nokia mobile phone in UK and brought it back to
    Australia. It works fine now, but had to pay to get it "unlocked".

    I gave another Nokia to an African friend who visited Sydney, and it
    works for him. At times it's even successful at SMS across the world,
    but for some unknown reason that doesn't always work.

    I've heard that mobile phones can "travel", with the exception of
    to/from the USA, but I can't confirm that.

    Jordan, Mar 25, 2007

  3. Mick Cant

    Moe Szyslak Guest

    If the network is GSM the phone can "travel", in the US such brands
    are T-Mobile and Cingular... although if the phone was purchased in
    the US it needs to be enabled for international roaming.

    Brands that use CDMA like Verizon are not compatible overseas for us.

    Moe Szyslak, Mar 26, 2007
  4. Mick Cant

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    Oldus Fartus, Mar 26, 2007