    right click on my wireless network connection and select Properties, there
    is no tab for Wireless Networks. I can't figure out why my system says I
    have a connection when in fact I don't. My OS is WinXP Home. Any ideas of

    Terry Smerling, Aug 30, 2005

  2. Terry Smerling

    Guest Guest

    With most wireless lan cards, you have the option of using a utility provided
    my the manufacturer to configure/controll the card or use XP's built-in
    Wireless Zero Configuration service. Most of the time the manufacturer's
    utility is installed by default when the driver is installed. The
    manufacturer's utility will usually automatically disable the Wireless Zero
    Configuration service because both utilities can not control the card at the
    same time. You must make a choice as to which you want to use. It really
    doesn't matter which one. When the WZC service is disabled, the Wireless tab
    is removed from the properties dialog box. You can get the tab back by goning
    into Control Panel, selecting Administrative Tools, and then Services. Scroll
    down to the bottom of the list and select the Wireless Zero Configuration
    Service and select Start. Remember you must disable one or the other.

    Guest, Aug 31, 2005