    other suggestions?
    Thanks, Rick

    , Apr 16, 2005

  2. The first troubleshooting check I would make is ensure that my wireless
    device is detected and the drivers for them are updated. Can you check in
    the Device Manager (Start->Run->devmgmt.msc) whether you can see your
    wireless adapter listed under Network Adapters? You should make sure that
    there is no yellow exclamation mark next to the device which could indicate
    conflicts or missing drivers.

    My second recommendation is that you check whether you have Service Pack 2
    installed. You can use Windows Update to pull it down if you haven't
    downloaded it already. Even though WZCSVC was present before SP2, there are
    many improvements and new features in the latest SP.

    --
    Oliver
    This posting is provided "AS IS", with NO warranties and confers NO rights

    Oliver Saal [MS], Apr 18, 2005

  3. Please take a moment and reply with the results of a few troubleshooting
    steps:
    Step 1:

    START > RUN > type CMD
    This will open a command window.
    type sc query wzcsvc and reply back with the results.

    Step 2:
    Please respond with the following data:
    Computer manufacturer and model (example: Dell D600)
    Wireless adapter model (example: TrueMobile 1350)
    Wireless driver version (example: 3.90.7.0)

    Step 3:
    Have you installed software to configure the wireless adapter?
    Did your computer come with software to configure the wireless adapter?

    My suspicion is that there is another wireless client utility on the system
    that is managing your wireless connection. This may be interferring with
    your ability to modify wireless settings with the Microsoft interface.

    I look forward to your reply.

    --
    Jerry Peterson
    Windows Network Services - Wireless