    someone with/without a dell that fixed it without a re-format? Any help
    would be greatly appreciated.

    ~Senturon

    Senturon, Aug 21, 2004

  2. Senturon

    Terry joyce Guest

    When regular functions are blocked (MSCONFIG, Regedit) I suspect either
    spyware or viri. Really not much difference between the two. Run
    Hijackthis.exe and look for BHO (Browser Helper Objects) that you didn't
    ask for.
    Terry Joyce

    Terry joyce, Aug 21, 2004

  3. Senturon

    Senturon Guest

    When regular functions are blocked (MSCONFIG, Regedit) I suspect either
    I ran hijack, found only one BHO from spybot, I use spybot and ad-aware for
    spyware/adware...took a browse (while not knowing exactly what to look for,
    but not noticing anything out of the ordinary) in the logfile, didn't seem
    to be anything else...i've posted it on a hijackthis forum, perhaps they
    will find something. Thanks for the assistance tho.

    ~Senturon

    Senturon, Aug 22, 2004
  4. Senturon

    Senturon Guest

    Found a nice little tool from a link in a forum asking about the same
    problem,
    http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/

    it's mcafee's AVERT stinger, worked well and got rid of my problem. Thanks
    for the help

    ~Senturon

    Senturon, Aug 22, 2004