    the hardware wasnt responding...

    any advice on what to do?

    its late and the technical support isnt open.

    datsameolneveek, Aug 11, 2005

  2. datsameolneveek, Aug 11, 2005

  3. datsameolneveek

    Evan Platt Guest

    On 10 Aug 2005 21:25:05 -0700, "datsameolneveek" <>
    wrote:

    >I just received a new computer from tigerdirect.com and when i
    >customized for the sound it said integrated audio.... i assumed it
    >meant I would have gotten some sound card like a basic one. However,
    >when I got it, i got a message saying no sound hardware was found or
    >the hardware wasnt responding...
    >
    >any advice on what to do?
    >
    >its late and the technical support isnt open.

    Chances are the audio is integrated - i.e. built into the motherboard.

    You need to download the audio drivers for that particular sound card.
    Their web site is useless, says Integrated Audio.

    Did you try doing a add new hardware?

    Evan Platt, Aug 11, 2005
  4. datsameolneveek

    Guest

    , Aug 11, 2005
  5. datsameolneveek

    Harrison Guest

    On 10 Aug 2005 21:25:05 -0700, "datsameolneveek" <> wrote:

    >I just received a new computer from tigerdirect.com and when i
    >customized for the sound it said integrated audio.... i assumed it
    >meant I would have gotten some sound card like a basic one. However,
    >when I got it, i got a message saying no sound hardware was found or
    >the hardware wasnt responding...
    >
    >any advice on what to do?
    >
    >its late and the technical support isnt open.

    Is there an audio device in the control panel?
    Are there any devices showing a yellow ! in the control panel?
    Did you receive a CD with the motherboard?
    Typically, the audio drivers would be on said cd.
    Most have a "for dummies" setup.exe program, and even an auto-run feature.

    Also, you DO realize that you still have to connect speakers to it, don't you?
    They plug into the green 1/8" port.

    Lastly, make sure the audio isn't muted in the control panel.

    Harrison, Aug 11, 2005