    Why, because he has the money to write books and make movies? Please.

    I'm sure he also never lets politics and emotions get in the way of reason. He
    proved, afterall, how levelheaded of a thinker he is during the Oscars.

    zbzbzb, Dec 24, 2003

  2. Michael

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    Actually the internet is full of Dubya's "pearls of wisdom"...

    Have fun:

    http://www.dubyaspeak.com

    Paolo Pizzi, Dec 24, 2003

  3. Michael

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    Tony Spadaro, Dec 24, 2003
  4. Michael

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    Because in order to write books and make documentaries
    you have to do a lot of RESEARCH. Yeah, I know, you
    have absolutely no clue.

    I rest my case.
    Some people actually DO have human emotions.
    Not a bad thing, after all...

    Paolo Pizzi, Dec 24, 2003
  5. Michael

    Paul Heslop Guest

    The guy lived in a town where they were shafted in the way we were discussing.

    Paul Heslop, Dec 24, 2003
  6. Michael

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    The laws are inconsistent because the PEOPLE who elect
    lawmakers are inconsistent too. There wouldn't be illegals
    here if a lot of people weren't big HYPOCRITES who
    pretend to be strongly against illegal immigration but love
    to hire illegals to mow lawns, wash dishes or pick fruit for
    way less than minimum wage.

    Since NOBODY really wants the illegals to leave (because
    too many EXPLOIT them...), at this point I'd really like them
    to get driver licenses and learn the system, rather than drive
    without and put lives at risk.
    Yes, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.
    Here's a good sample of GWB's mastery of the English
    language:

    http://www.dubyaspeak.com
    Yep, before blaming immigrants, a lot of Americans should
    check their own English...

    Paolo Pizzi, Dec 24, 2003
  7. Michael

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    Before the Brits came to this country, it was an ENTIRE
    Indian reservation... I don't recall any of the Pilgrims even
    trying to speak the local language, let alone adapt to the
    local customs...

    Suddenly, a second standard applies.

    Paolo Pizzi, Dec 24, 2003
  8. Michael

    zbzbzb Guest

    Why, because he has the money to write books and

    Using that logic then I guess books that you would consider written by "right
    wingers" or "fascists" are well researched?

    You're right it isn't, so long as it doesn't interfere with a persons
    objectivity. In his case it obviously does.

    zbzbzb, Dec 24, 2003
  9. Michael

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    It's not the laws, it's hypocrites who pretend to be
    against illegal immigration but hire illegals to pay less
    than minimum wage. Without them, there would be
    no illegal immigration.
    Yes, but of course you wouldn't know...
    It's pretty clear you have never met Americans working abroad.
    Very few have bothered to learn the local language...
    They averagely are. You just don't know. I have met Americans
    living in Europe and Asia. Very few could speak the local
    language.

    Paolo Pizzi, Dec 24, 2003
  10. Michael

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    BIG business for US banks. Really big.
    They would NEVER in a million years
    give it away.

    Now you know who's to blame.

    Paolo Pizzi, Dec 24, 2003
  11. Michael

    zbzbzb Guest

    The laws are inconsistent because the PEOPLE who elect

    Do you hire them?

    The problem with illegals in California and elsewhere is that there is no
    stomach to enforce laws already in place to handle the problem or the stomach
    to create laws to handle the situation better. Most of that originates from the
    left side of the political spectrum. The one you are a part of.

    There you go again.

    zbzbzb, Dec 24, 2003
  12. Michael

    zbzbzb Guest

    I presume by your logic that you should fit in with the people of

    Sorry to disappoint you but the whole country was not inhabited by Indians. The
    majority of it was actually uninhabited with many Indian communities scattered
    about.

    Oh, so now you know what all the pilgrims did?

    Only in your eyes.

    zbzbzb, Dec 24, 2003
  13. Michael

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    In an ideal world, you'd be right. In the real world, people
    who can't even speak their native language well often have
    insurmountable problems picking up a new one, especially
    if they're not exactly young. I'm afraid that is the typical
    immigrant nowadays.

    Also consider that most Americans abroad DO NOT learn
    the language and expect the locals to speak English.

    Paolo Pizzi, Dec 24, 2003
  14. Michael

    zbzbzb Guest

    I agree. Many California laws, or lack of them, for

    And they should be prosecuted.

    You're also only kidding yourself if you think screwy laws do not encourage
    illegal immigration. I'll give you two. The first one being the automatic
    granting of American citizenship to any child born here, including illegals.
    The second being free health care. Oh but wait, you say America doesn't have a
    free health care system? I guess someone forgot to tell the illegals.

    zbzbzb, Dec 24, 2003
  15. Michael

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    We really can't expect you to see it.
    Because you're also prejudiced. BIG TIME.
    (Note the "d" at the end. You made the same mistake
    over and over. Think about it, before you go on bashing
    immigrants...)

    Paolo Pizzi, Dec 24, 2003
  16. Michael

    zbzbzb Guest

    I think that's wrong. Most reasonable people if permanently
    Yes I see how you can make such a logical conclusion as that based on what I
    said.

    Try reading the whole thread so you can understand what you are replying to. It
    was in response to moving somewhere permanently, not working.

    Then I would guess they didn't plan on staying there for the rest of their
    lives.

    zbzbzb, Dec 24, 2003
  17. Michael

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    But she obviously spoke English...
    Contradiction?

    Paolo Pizzi, Dec 24, 2003
  18. Michael

    zbzbzb Guest

    Ah, so now it's the banks fault. I see.

    zbzbzb, Dec 24, 2003
  19. Michael

    zbzbzb Guest

    I see prejudice in your posting.
    Just like I predicted, now I'm "bashing immigrants."

    zbzbzb, Dec 24, 2003
  20. Michael

    zbzbzb Guest

    Yes, it IS. Many second and third generation immigrants these days
    That wasn't his point.

    zbzbzb, Dec 24, 2003