    Ron Hunter Guest

    I didn't either. Just illustrating that some people express themselves
    differently, and literature is available with the same features.

    Ron Hunter, Dec 23, 2003

  2. Michael

    Lionel Guest

    Oh dear.
    I think you mean 'pukkha', also known in England as 'Bombay Welsh'.
    Or even the people they argue with on Usenet. ;)
    Hahahaha! - America was the first country to outsource tech-support work
    to India.

    Greedy bosses, IMO.

    Lionel, Dec 23, 2003

  3. Michael

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Yes, but they learned English, at least most of them. There are still
    parts of Texas where German is the most common language heard.

    Ron Hunter, Dec 23, 2003
  4. Michael

    Lionel Guest

    Well no, photographic topics often drift towards things that are
    off-topic. Nonetheless, it's extremely bad manners to deliberately start
    a very off-topic thread in a topical newsgroup.
    Well, it is, actually. You chose to start a new, very off-topic thread.
    Nobody forced you to do so.

    Lionel, Dec 23, 2003
  5. Michael

    zbzbzb Guest

    In some, it already IS the official language. In Texas, the law
    Sounds bizarre. Are you sure you are 100% correct on that? 100%?

    zbzbzb, Dec 23, 2003
  6. Michael

    Paul Heslop Guest

    but why here? Surely there's a group where this twaddle is more appropriate? It
    has absolutely NO relevance, unless you were complaining about not being able to
    be understood in your local camera shop. What this is, plain and simple, is
    trolling.

    Paul Heslop, Dec 23, 2003
  7. Michael

    zbzbzb Guest

    Exactly. The "fair" being spoken of is usually the catering that mostly
    liberals do in order to garner votes in our ridiculously politically correct
    world. Look at the recently ousted governor of California and how he actually
    granted illegal immigrants the right to have a drivers licenses. Same thing.
    Much of it also comes from the growing hispanic community itself that thinks
    that anything that adversely affects them is racially motivated.

    zbzbzb, Dec 23, 2003
  8. Michael

    zbzbzb Guest

    Not exactly. English may be the more common language, but Spanish is
    Show some proof of that. Sounds to bizarre to believe.

    zbzbzb, Dec 23, 2003
  9. He probably asked about a digital camera, or an accessory for one, but
    didn't understand the replies:

    Michael: "Is this lens any good?"
    Manuel: "Eeesa Seegma."
    Michael: "Pardon?"
    Manuel: "Eeee-saaa Seeeeg-maaa."

    Andy

    Andy Blanchard, Dec 23, 2003
  10. Michael

    zbzbzb Guest

    Let me ask...is it appropriate for people that do not speak
    Nope, we just put together words as they pop into our heads between grunts and
    chirps. We usually write with crayons too. Chalk isn't too bad either.

    Did anyone ever teach you how to address someone without being insulting to
    many others? Of course that may have been your intention.

    zbzbzb, Dec 23, 2003
  11. Michael

    zbzbzb Guest

    At least the Americans look after their own, or do they, Is it cheap labour
    Dell abandoned most of their tech support from India recently. I'm sure others
    will follow too. I mean if you can't understand the person trying to help you
    then what's the point?

    zbzbzb, Dec 23, 2003
  12. Michael

    zbzbzb Guest

    The same thing is happening in the states too, ask Michael Moore.
    Yes I'm sure he's an authority on the issue.

    zbzbzb, Dec 23, 2003
  13. Michael

    zbzbzb Guest

    Well, where to start?

    I agree. Many California laws, or lack of them, for example, encourage illegal
    immigration. It's a joke. The drivers license issue was a perfect example of
    that.

    Does it?

    I think that's wrong. Most reasonable people if permanently moving to another
    country with another language will want to learn the language. The motivation
    to make such a drastic change to ones life usually includes the willingness to
    at least learn the language. In that sense I don't think Americans are any more
    unreasonable than people from any other country.

    Maybe not to your satisfaction but there are people who would think the same of
    your english.

    Did you understand him? Most people when they post to a newsgroup are not
    concerned about sentence structure and grammatical errors as if they were doing
    a school assignment. He was also talking about understanding someones spoken
    english, not their sentence structure.

    zbzbzb, Dec 23, 2003
  14. Michael

    zbzbzb Guest

    I presume by your logic that you should fit in with the people of the land
    If he moved onto an Apache reservation then sure, why not?

    zbzbzb, Dec 23, 2003
  15. Michael

    JIM Guest

    Not being much of an innovator, my post about photo instructions was gleaned
    from having just assembled one of those Christmas 'erector' sets utilizing
    photo instructions with not the first printed word;) Complaint to this
    manufacturer would be to flesh out at least one photo showing the pressing
    of two parts together by hand pressure only, by adding a pic of a hammer -
    'cause, even Arnold would have blown a gasket trying to get this boy to pop
    in - It went fine with a quick rap with a small 5 lb sledgehammer!

    The photo instructions not only aid the language challenged but possibly the
    college graduated illiterate as well - that is if he/she thinks to read, uh
    look at the instructions before attempting assembly. Something many in this
    newsgroup would benefit from before asking where the "on" switch, etc., is
    located...........

    Jim

    JIM, Dec 23, 2003
  16. Michael

    zbzbzb Guest

    I see prejudice in your posting.

    Where in his post is there any sign of him being "prejudice??"

    zbzbzb, Dec 23, 2003
  17. Michael

    Donald Gray Guest

    WTF has this got to do with r.p.d?

    --
    Donald Gray
    www.odcombe.demon.co.uk

    Donald Gray, Dec 23, 2003
  18. Michael

    Paul Heslop Guest

    More so than I am.

    Paul Heslop, Dec 23, 2003
  19. Michael

    Paul Heslop Guest

    :O) You'll have to excuse him, he's from Barcelona.

    Paul Heslop, Dec 23, 2003

    ¿Qué? Pienso que usted necesita escribir con cartas grandes y escribir a
    máquina más lento.

    LOL

    Journalist = One who reads, writes and speaks 5 languages...all badly...and
    all with a New York accent...but at least I try.

    Journalist-North, Dec 23, 2003