    His computer has Windows Me and everything else works fine. I checked for
    viruses, trojans, hijackers, etc... and everything comes up clean. This is
    freaking me out. Any help would be appreciated.

    Yonski, Sep 22, 2004

  2. Yonski

    Unk Guest

    To fix the missing new option, copy the below and paste it in a text file.
    Rename the file to fixnew.reg and then double click on it.
    It will correct the registry and should restore the new function.

    REGEDIT4

    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\New]
    @="{D969A300-E7FF-11d0-A93B-00A0C90F2719}"

    ------------- copy above this line (Include the blank line) ---------------

    Unk, Sep 22, 2004

  3. Yonski