    anymore, except rare exceptions, MSN, the news sites, weather sites, etc. I
    tried going back to version and they are still not playing. Any ideas? I
    really prefer FF over IE.

    Michael Dobony, Sep 11, 2012

  2. Michael Dobony

    Ralph Fox Guest

    Uninstall the Flash Player Plugin for Firefox, then download the
    latest version / a new copy of this plugin and install it.
    * IE is not affected by a problem with the Flash Player Plugin for
    Firefox. IE does not use the same Flash plugin as Firefox.

    1) Close Firefox
    2) Go to
    [Win 7] Control Panel >> Programs and Features
    [Win XP] Control Panel >> Add or Remove Programs
    and uninstall the Adobe Flash Player Plugin, which is the plugin
    used by Firefox. (Do not uninstall the Adobe Flash Player ActiveX,
    which is the plugin used by IE.)
    3) To be safe, restart your computer after uninstalling.
    4) Go to
    http://helpx.adobe.com/content/help...ms-flash-player-windows.html#main-pars_header
    download the "Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)" and
    install it.
    5) Re-start Firefox.

    Ralph Fox, Sep 13, 2012

  3. My password program doesn't work with the newer versions of FF and it would
    be extremely time consuming to copy the info to something that works with
    the newer versions of FF.

    Michael Dobony, Sep 16, 2012
  4. Thanks, but that didn't work. It did, however, lead me to the solution. I
    installed version and now it works. I also restricted updates to keep from
    having to reinstall the older version that works.

    Michael Dobony, Sep 17, 2012