    whatever you want to record and that's it. It records it (you can be
    watching a different channel at the same time) and saves it to a hard
    drive.

    JohnO, Jun 15, 2012

  2. Frank Williams

    JohnO Guest

    Don't be stupid, Woger. France and other Euro countries have the
    massive advantages of economy of scale, and have hundreds of millions
    of people very close together to subsidise the very much smaller cost
    of land based cables, whereas in NZ there is a very small number of
    people covering the extremely expensive cost of a cable spanning the
    Pacific Ocean. Can you not see why that makes the provision of
    internet more expensive in NZ?

    JohnO, Jun 15, 2012

  3. Read the Radio link and it stated the excuse about the link is just a
    utter rip off..

    Frank Williams, Jun 15, 2012
  4. Frank Williams

    JohnO Guest

    Yawn. 2 years out of date Woger.

    JohnO, Jun 15, 2012
  5. Frank Williams

    Geopelia Guest

    Do you need a dish for DishTV? We haven't got one yet. I think we might have
    to get one when we go digital.
    No, I wasn't thinking of TIVO, the TV ads look complicated.
    We need something that records and plays back on tapes, if we have to change
    from our present recorder.

    I'll save that for when we go digital. Thank you.
    Geopelia

    Geopelia, Jun 15, 2012
  6. Frank Williams

    Donchano Guest

    Does any of this look familiar to you?

    Some of the more common characteristics of Asperger's Syndrome
    include:

    * Inability to think in abstract ways (eg: puns, jokes, sarcasm, etc)
    * Difficulties in empathising with others
    * Problems with understanding another person's point of view
    * Hampered conversational ability
    * Problems with controlling feelings such as anger, depression
    and anxiety
    * Adherence to routines and schedules, and stress if expected routine
    is disrupted
    * Inability to manage appropriate social conduct
    * A narrow field of interests.
    * Anger and aggression when things do not happen as they want
    * Sensitivity to criticism
    * Eccentricity
    * Behaviour varies from mildly unusual to quite aggressive
    and difficult

    Donchano, Jun 15, 2012

  7. No totally correct.

    Nothing has changed..

    Frank Williams, Jun 15, 2012

  8. Just the same UHF Antenna that you use with Prime etc.

    DishTV is a only Brand name.

    http://www.dishtv.co.nz/Freeview-Di...R-myFreeview|HD-DTR/flypage_web2_lite.tpl.htm

    You can use your current VCR to play back on you TV but you will not be
    able to Record when its all digital.

    The DishTV T1050 does all the recoding onto its built in Hard Drive.

    But the old VCR can be used to play back your old tapes.

    Frank Williams, Jun 15, 2012

  9. Go Digital now its far better for you, better Picture and more
    channels..

    Frank Williams, Jun 15, 2012
  10. Frank Williams

    Fred Guest

    Hook your TV one into it and HDMI computer back to TV to watch a second
    channel while recording or to play back

    Fred, Jun 15, 2012

  11. You can get a $50 STB that does not record but your VCR can record from
    it, but that is a Big waste of time as you can only record the Same TV
    channel that you are watching.

    More or less VCR's and Tape are more or less obsolete, but you can still
    Play the tapes you have on any TV you get or have.

    But things might go up or come down by then as more demand can also mean
    higher prices.

    Frank Williams, Jun 15, 2012

  12. These are USB devices that only hook to a PC.

    Frank Williams, Jun 15, 2012
  13. Frank Williams

    Gordon Guest

    Heck, you need to think after you have typed the message. Leaving this part
    out would have been good on many levels.

    Gordon, Jun 15, 2012
  14. Frank Williams

    Fred Guest

    Yes, but unplug your aerial from TV and into the usb plug-in. , then you
    will get great recording/reception on the computer. Use an hdmi cable
    from computer to TV for playback of recorded program, or to watch a
    different channel than the one you are recording. That's if you have
    hdmi connection on TV and also on computer. HDMI gives audio and video.

    Fred, Jun 15, 2012

  15. My TV and Aerial feed in one the other side of the room, I was
    considering expanding the Splitter Box from 4 Ports to 6, but my old TV
    Boss sold his company and moved up to Tauranga as he would have done
    it for free just pay for parts.

    Plus the HDMI cable will be far to long and the ports are at the back
    of the computer not to easy to get at.

    I am a bit old to try and slide under the house, plus I don't have the
    decent "F" connectors and a crimp tool or any one local to get a decent
    6 way box or even RG6 coax.

    Frank Williams, Jun 15, 2012
  16. Frank Williams

    Richard Guest

    Yeah, its all just so difficult. If only places would courier you
    connectors and crimp tools based on a simple ordering process initiated
    using an online service or something.

    Richard, Jun 15, 2012

  17. Yes but not for just 2 leads, one to the Kitchen and one at the other
    side of the lounge.

    A work mate and myself install the 4 way box, he went under the house
    got all the bits for free.

    I have tested on the PC with a antenna cable across the room works OK.

    Frank Williams, Jun 15, 2012
  18. Frank Williams

    Geopelia Guest

    We qualify for a free changeover. We'll wait and see what the government is
    going to do. If the TV breaks down again we might change over before though,
    but it seems to be holding up. I think Auckland will be the last area to go
    digital.

    It's up to Hubby. I'm surprised he doesn't want Sky, as he likes to watch TV
    most of the day and the free channels are useless in the daytime during the
    week. But I can get Large Print books from the library for him.

    If Sky ever allows people to have just the channels they want, we might
    consider it. But most of the good documentaries end up on Prime sooner or
    later.

    Thank you
    Geopelia

    Geopelia, Jun 15, 2012
  19. Frank Williams

    Katipo Guest

    I see that they have been removed from sale at all Noel Leeming stores,
    I am not surprised. I read in this group ages ago that TIVO had bombed in
    New Zealand. It has been a long time since I last saw an ad for it too!

    Katipo, Jun 16, 2012

  20. You will only get a Very Basic Box that cant do much for you, it will
    not Record a thing and your VCR will be of no use, as it will only let
    you record the same TV channel that you are watching.

    Any way who on earth would want to what HD TV on a Crappy 4:3 CRT TV..

    Frank Williams, Jun 16, 2012