    I am curious because i thought the MCTS was kind of an upgrade to the MCAD.
    As the MCAD can become a MCT.

    thx in advance

    fwottawa, Jun 19, 2009

  2. The answer to this question, and many others concerning the MCT, can be
    found at
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/mct.aspx

    --
    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA

    http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

    Lawrence Garvin [MVP], Jun 22, 2009

  3. fwottawa

    fwottawa Guest

    Hi Lawrence,

    thx for your reply. I am aware of the posted website and my question was
    more about "why it is not so" than "where can i look"

    atm 2 of the 3 ways to become mct are retired, the third is without
    materials to learn (every PRO certificate for the mcpd).

    so if i got it right, then it is not possible at the moment to become a
    "programming mct" with asp.net 3.5

    but thanks anyway!

    fritz wottawa

    fwottawa, Jun 22, 2009
  4. While there may not be certification-specific Study Guides, I'm quite
    confident that there is no shortage of books, etc. that cover the topics
    relevant to the MCPD certifications.

    But being an MCT is a lot more than having the certification. Frankly, if
    you're still looking for "training materials" for the underlying
    certifications (e.g. MCPD), then you're still many years of knowledge and
    experience away from being an MCT candidate.

    I'm not aware that it has EVER been possible to become an MCT without a
    Premier certification (e.g. MCSE, MCSD, MCITP, MCPD)

    Lawrence Garvin [MVP], Jun 22, 2009
  5. fwottawa

    fwottawa Guest

    Hi Lawrence,

    thanks again for your fast response.

    I am working in the field as freelancer and teacher for eight years now, so
    i am not afraid of my missing knowledge, i was trying to point out, that
    there is no study kit, elearning stuff, ... for this one.

    as i see it, i will try the mcpd without specific material for this. maybe
    thats what "pro" stands for ;-)

    cheers
    fritz

    fwottawa, Jun 22, 2009