    Shouldnt there be a mail icon in control panel with the Windows XP OS
    ?
    I dont have MS OFFICE installed, Is that what installes it ?

    ZZZZZ, May 5, 2004

  2. ZZZZZ

    Scraggy Guest

    Yes

    Scraggy, May 5, 2004

  3. ZZZZZ

    John Guest

    I don't think you need the mail icon in the control panel in order to
    use mail properly; just because Office installs it should tell you
    nothing.

    You could just go get Camino or Mozilla from mozilla.org and use that
    mail client -- it's very good.

    John, May 5, 2004
  4. ZZZZZ

    ZZZZZ Guest

    We use Outlook Express.

    ..

    ZZZZZ, May 5, 2004
  5. ZZZZZ

    John Guest

    Yes, I saw that. And it appears to be working, sort of, even without
    this Mail function in Control Panels. So I don't know what you are
    trying to change.

    What I suggested is that you stop using Outlook Express, and get a
    different mail client. There are many.
    As far as I'm concerned, using Outlook Express is simply far too
    dangerous and totally without benefit.

    John, May 6, 2004