    bad card?
    bad router port?

    how can I troubleshoot without another card or router?

    david, Jan 27, 2005

  2. david

    david Guest

    I have a led light for OK on the interface card slot but no lights on
    the card itself

    david, Jan 27, 2005

  3. show hardware
    show diag

    Make sure that the card is seen by IOS. Most likely one of those will
    claim unknown hardware, not recognized, and you'll need a newer IOS
    version to run if you are running something pretty old (the 1601 is a
    very old router comparedly, so its possible that it is running
    something pretty ancient).

    Doug McIntyre, Jan 27, 2005
  4. david

    david Guest

    Ok it see's the Wan card with sh diag but I get these lines of text.

    rtr1#sh diag
    Unknown WAN daughter card
    Hardware revision 1.3 Board revision C0
    Serial number 0022232760 Part number 800-03279-03
    Test history 0x00 RMA number 00-00-00
    Connector type WAN Module

    EEPROM format version 2
    rtr1#sh hardware
    ****************
    Unrecognized interface found (0-1 = Motherboard interfaces 2 = WIC)
    Interface 2 unrecognized by software
    **********************

    do I need an IOS upgrade?

    david, Jan 27, 2005
  5. david

    david Guest

    Thanks doug

    david, Jan 27, 2005

  6. Most likely you do.

    Reading through old release notes, 11.3(3)T seemed to introduce
    hardware support for this card. I'd guess that you are running the non
    T train, or earlier IOS for it.

    Doug McIntyre, Jan 27, 2005