    I can't imagine that I am the only person who has experienced this
    issue -- although I searched and didn't find any posting on this.

    Any help at all would be much appreciated. Thanks.

    natifnatal34, Mar 11, 2007

  2. natifnatal34

    why? Guest

    Too much of a x-post and no FU
    http://dict.die.net/follow-up/
    was set to - Newsgroups:
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,24hoursupport.helpdesk,microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general,alt.os.windows-xp

    cut to 24HSHD

    Oh well no URL examples.

    Yes, author CSS style sheet overrides page style.
    Just for the last link only. Every other visited like (depending on
    cache date/times) should follow the default color selection. But many
    sites overwrite settings.
    Some site authors force that to happen.

    Some people don't know there is any browser other then IE.

    Some vendors bend / break / browser actions
    http://www.smackthemouse.com/inverted

    A browser like Mozilla Firefox supports the CSS pseudo class :focus,
    but Internet Explorer has for some unknown reason instead implemented
    the :active pseudo class as if it was ":focus". Web pages using a:focus
    degrades gracefully in browsers that do not support the :focus pseudo
    class: ** they show the usual dotted rectangle around the link having
    focus. **
    www.google.com m the 8th post for a search of

    firefox last link highlight
    You can view the page code yourself of the sites you didn't mention and
    check for :active and :focus.

    Me

    why?, Mar 11, 2007

  3. natifnatal34

    natifnatal34 Guest

    The following is an example of a website with the characteristics
    discussed in my orignal posting.

    http://www.theredzone.org/

    natifnatal34, Mar 11, 2007
  4. natifnatal34

    8os.8 Guest

    in
    not sure about ie7, but ie6 doesn't show this unless you *do* return (seems to relaod the paeg, or maybe just "re
    renders" it)
    firefox shows the visited color as soon as the page partially loads in background tab. (i think opera does the same, but i
    can't recall)

    8os.8, Mar 12, 2007
  5. natifnatal34

    why? Guest

    That's because most likely FF uses the outline correctly,
    http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/sample.html

    :focus { outline: thin dotted invert }

    The default

    <snip>

    You could create your own local stylesheet, try the :focus line in a
    text file saved as mystyle.css

    IE 6 has an option Tools / Internet Options General (and IIRC it's)
    Accessability you browse to the file you just created.

    However if the website uses, as already mentioned (not shipped below)
    :active or it changes it with JavaScript then this may not work if the
    page author want's you to see the page as they intend rather than what
    you want.

    Me

    why?, Mar 12, 2007
  6. (posting from IE General on msnews; not connected to USENET)

    Try setting Work Offline before using the Back button.
    If the page is cached it may be rendered exactly the way it was
    when you last left it. I'm not sure about the keyboard focus,
    which is the real point of your question, but that would be the best
    chance of getting it where you had it last.

    Otherwise, I think the rendering will be done by the site
    and keyboard focus would be whatever that normally results in.

    In case the focus *is* where you want it, just not indicated as such,
    I would try pressing Tab and Backtab. What happens if you try that?

    HTH

    Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

    Robert Aldwinckle, Mar 12, 2007