No file sharing with WPA-PSK TKIP

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Rich D, Aug 30, 2005.

  1. Rich D

    Rich D Guest

    Hello,

    I have an infrastructure home network with two desktop (wired) and two
    laptop (wireless) computers. When using WPA-PSK AES encryption, any
    computer can share files with any other computer, as well as access the
    internet, ping any other network computer, etc. All computers are operating
    with Windows XP Pro

    I have added a wireless print server, which only supports WPA-PSK TKIP; so
    in order to make it work, I have changed my encryption level to WPA-PSK
    TKIP on both laptops and the wireless router (Belkin F5d7230-4). After
    doing this my two laptop computer cannot share files with each other or the
    desktops ("*folder* not accessible", "might not have permission", "network
    path was not found"); however, they can successfully ping each other,
    connect to the internet. If I change encryption back to WPA-PSK AES, I am
    able to share files again.

    I have searched Belkin and MS Windows websites, newsgroups, and google with
    no success. The ability to share files seems to be based only on the level
    of encryption I am using. Any help is certainly welcome.

    Thanks,
    Rich

    Rich D, Aug 30, 2005