    the only difference (very minor) I can see are:

    - S400 slightly faster continuous shooting (2.5 vs 2.2 per sec)

    Am I missing something here? Are they the same camera with newer firmware?

    Veggie, May 6, 2004

  2. The one difference I know of is that the S410 has a "print&share" button
    lacking on the 400. If you transfer pictures from camera to computer by
    moving the CF card from camera to card reader, like most people, there
    is no value to this at all.

    If you connect the camera directly to a Windows XP system for transfer,
    or connect the camera directly to a printer for printing, this may give
    you some additional functionality.

    Canon's description of the feature is
    http://www.powershot.com/powershot2/s500-410/features4.html

    Print & Share Button
    A new dedicated Print & Share button right on the camera
    makes direct printing from a Canon Card Photo or Direct
    Photo Printer easier than ever. Enjoy a full range of
    print features, including ID Photo Print in 28 sizes,
    and a Movie Print function* that lets you print multiple
    stills from a recorded movie on a single sheet.
    PictBridge lets you print direct from any
    PictBridge-supported printer as well.

    *Requires a Canon CP Card Photo Printer

    Doesn't make any difference to me. I got a 410 because that's all most
    stores here have in stock.

    Dave

    Dave Martindale, May 6, 2004

  3. Veggie

    denomolos Guest

    The Quick Shot feature was added in the S410 also.

    denomolos, May 7, 2004
  4. firmware?

    The print share button.

    At the higher volume retailers, the S410 is already being discounted below
    the price of the remaining S400s from smaller dealers.

    Steven M. Scharf, May 7, 2004