    Windows explorer and then do the save via outlook.... what can i do to save
    to a new folder in Outlook

    thanks guys in advance !!!!

    mecanismo, Dec 2, 2003

  2. mecanismo

    °Mike° Guest

    That seems to be the way it is in O.E. You should get into
    the habit of saving your attachments to an easily accessible
    temporary folder, or maybe the desktop, for virus scanning.
    Once they have been scanned and reported as virus-free, you
    should then move them to their permanent directories.

    °Mike°, Dec 2, 2003

  3. It works OK for me! I am using OE version 6.0.2800.1123

    After opening the email, I right click on the attachment name and
    select "Save As" and up pops the "Save" dialogue box. In the top right
    corner of this box is a little icon (second from right) that is the
    "Create New Folder" option. Let your mouse hover over it to verify
    which one it is.

    Pauline Johnson, Dec 3, 2003
  4. mecanismo

    Dave Guest

    You can create a new folder if you "Save As", which saves a single file.
    If you want to save all the attachments (when you are more likely to want a
    new folder to put them in) then OE doesn't give the option for creating a
    new folder.

    You could just save the first file, creating your new folder, and then save
    all of them. You'll be asked about over-writing the first one, of course.

    Dave.

    Dave, Dec 3, 2003