No Broadband connection - HELP!

Discussion in 'Broadband Hardware' started by Cheryl, Sep 24, 2007.

  1. Cheryl

    Cheryl Guest

    My desktop Win XP 5.1 will not "see" my Broadband connection. I use Netgear
    with wireless cable modem connection. I still have my network with my laptop
    working just fine with boradband.
    It all started when I downloaded McAfee. It screwed up my connection, so I
    uninstalled it and even used a special clean-up exe. But I still cannot
    connect with my broadband. Devices show no problems. I connected up a
    land-line and used dial-up to connect with no problems. I still show an IP
    address. Using IE 6.0, have AVG 7.5 working.
    Used the Network Diagnostics Tool with the following results:
    Network Adapters - Failed (Realtek RTL8139 PCI Ethernet) (VIA PIC 10/100Mb
    Fast Ethernet Adapter NIC) (DNSServerSearchOrder - Failed)
    DNS Servers - Failed (Realtek - Failed, but VIS passed)
    DHCP - Failed
    Default Gateways - Passed
    Modem - did not report (US Robotics 56k Faxmodem Win 1806)
    IP Address - Passed

    What else can I do to get my broadband connection back on?
    Cheryl

    Cheryl, Sep 24, 2007

  2. Cheryl

    ric926 Guest

    mcaffee may have shut down some of your services like dhcp,etc (u just need
    to restart the svcs), ports, also you might want to unistall/ reinstall your
    netgear software. just be sure before you install mcaffee again you read the
    setup inst and how to tweak it

    ric926, Oct 10, 2007