    Logitech Laser mouse is reported as a MS mouse. Also I have the
    keyboard, the other part of the Logitech MX 5000 desktop, that I'd
    like to be able to use.

    me, Apr 3, 2007

  2. You need the bluetooth drivers installed before you see the bluetooth icon.
    If this is a 64-bit Windows, you'll need the correct 64-bit drivers for it.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Apr 4, 2007

  3. me

    me Guest

    Thank you Charlie. But can you tell me how to do it, please. Nothing
    in add windows components and can't find any way after browsing
    windows CD.

    me, Apr 4, 2007
  4. You need the driver for your bluetooth device or your bluetooth controller.
    If your motherboard / laptop / workstation has built in bluetooth, you need
    to load the drivers that should have come with it. They will need to be
    64-bit drivers. If your bluetooth device requires a specific bluetooth
    provider, it may not be supported by your machine without an add on
    bluetooth controller.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Apr 5, 2007
  5. me

    me Guest

    Logitech say I need to see XP64 Bluetooth in Control Panel but I don't
    and don't know how to get it there. That's what I'm asking.

    On Wed, 4 Apr 2007 22:19:09 -0700, "Charlie Russel - MVP"

    me, Apr 7, 2007
  6. me

    John Barnes Guest

    Find the Bluetooth controller in Device Manager and install the driver. It
    should then show up in control panel.

    John Barnes, Apr 8, 2007
  7. Assuming he has a bluetooth controller at all.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Apr 9, 2007
  8. Hello,
    The Logitech MX 5000 desktop comes with a Bluetooth controller which needs
    to be plugged into the machine.
    If the Bluetooth drivers for this controller are inside of Windows ( is
    this Windows Vista or Windows XP) then we should automatically detect and
    install the Bluetooth drivers.
    After the drivers are installed then the Bluetooth icon appears inside of
    Control Panel.
    With Windows XP that set includes Bluetooth drivers on a CD:
    http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/downloads/software/US/EN,crid=322,contenti
    d=11019,osid=1
    Which then should be installed. Logitech is supplying the drivers and
    supplying the Bluetooth stack.
    So the first step is make sure the USB Bluetooth controller ( or reciever)
    is plugged into the system.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    --------------------

    Darrell Gorter[MSFT], Apr 9, 2007
  9. me

    me Guest

    Thank you all for your advice. I'll try what you recommend and let
    you know what happens.

    me, Apr 9, 2007
  10. me

    me Guest

    I've now tried everything that's been suggested and I can't get the
    Bluetooth icon to appear in Control Panel. My OS is XP64 and the
    Logitech Bluetooth receiver is obviously working as my Logitech
    Bluetooth mouse works fine. In Device Manager I can find an HID
    compliant device and the driver is Microsoft.

    I'm still baffled. Any more suggestions?

    me, Apr 11, 2007
  11. me

    Theo Guest

    Exactly what model Logitech do you have? The Logitech®
    Cordless Desktop® MX™ for Bluetooth® does not have software
    for Win x64 - only Win XP 32-bit. There is both 32-bit and
    64-bit for Vista.

    Theo, Apr 11, 2007
  12. me

    me Guest

    Theo,

    Thank you for taking an interest in my problem.

    I have an MX 5000 Bluetooth cordless desktop.

    me, Apr 13, 2007
  13. me

    me Guest

    Success!!

    I bought a Bluetooth dongle at Tescos and plugged it in alongside the
    Bluetooth dongle provided by Logitech and Bluetooth appeared in
    Control Panel.

    I'll now try to install Logitech's Setpoint software and see what
    happens.

    me, Apr 20, 2007