    Why do I get this message when I boot up my pc. I have two HDD's connected
    master/slave.
    I have also seen the same message on a single HDD.

    ripper, Aug 6, 2003

  2. ripper

    Unk Guest

    On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 20:46:10 +0100, "ripper" <> wrote:

    >Why do I get this message when I boot up my pc. I have two HDD's connected
    >master/slave.
    >I have also seen the same message on a single HDD.

    Bios message: Primary IDE Channel - No 80 Conductor Installed

    It means you're still using the 40 conductor cable from the MB IDE to the
    hard drive. The 80 Conductor Cables are used to take advantage of the newer
    Ultra/ATA-66 and up IDE drives. (They will still work with the 40
    conductor cable, just slower.)

    http://www.pcguide.com/ref/hdd/if/ide/confCable80-c.html

    In addition, make sure you put the correct connectors on the 80 wire cable
    in the correct spots. Blue plug to mobo, black to primary, grey to slave.

    Unk

    Unk, Aug 6, 2003

  3. ripper

    philo Guest

    "ripper" <> wrote in message
    > Why do I get this message when I boot up my pc. I have two HDD's connected
    > master/slave.
    > I have also seen the same message on a single HDD.

    hard to beleive but you are prob getting that because you are using a 40
    conductor ide cable on your harddrive rather than an 80 conductor.

    the 80 conductor cable will give better performance.
    (it's got two fine wires per connection)

    philo, Aug 6, 2003
  4. ripper

    ripper Guest

    Thanks for the replies. I will get an 80 conductor cable.

    ripper, Aug 6, 2003
  5. ripper

    CodeWarrioR10

    Joined:
    May 21, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0

    Actually the motherboard doesn't detect the IDE HARD DRIVE BECAUSE it may be old compared to the motherboard so what you must do is to go the mobo setup and enable the : delay ide detector ).

    CodeWarrioR10, May 21, 2010