NMS - Adrem & SNMPc??

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by ex-zephion, May 11, 2004.

  1. ex-zephion

    ex-zephion Guest

    Hello,

    I'm looking for a Network Management suite to manage a medium-small
    sized network comprised of (7) Cisco 6500s and ~200 access-layer
    switches (2950, 3500XL & 3550). 200 Access-Points (Cisco and Enterasys)
    are also part of the equation.

    We currently use Spectrum Integrity, supplemented with MRTG. There is
    nothing intrinsically wrong with this combination - but it's worth
    taking a look around.

    We're, of course, evaluating the heavy hitter: HPOV NNM... but somehow
    it seems like overkill. $20K + $30K for "consulting services" seems
    excessive for a network of this size.

    Has anyone had any experience with Castlerock's SNMPc product or Adrem's
    NetCrunch software? If so, are they good, bad, indifferent?

    What are some the open-source solutions people use (other than
    Cricket/MRTG)? Anything that provides strong mapping of the topology?

    Just looking for your $0.02.

    TIA
    Ben

    ex-zephion, May 11, 2004

  2. ex-zephion

    Scooby Guest

    I guess it all depends what you are looking for. I use Solarwinds Engineer
    Edition (www.solarwinds.net). It is a decent package and is affordable.

    Scooby, May 11, 2004

  3. ex-zephion

    Hansang Bae Guest

    [snip]

    SNMPc was fine when I looked at it last. I'll post a url tomorrow w/
    open src programs.

    --

    hsb

    Hansang Bae, May 11, 2004
  4. ex-zephion

    cc Guest

    Thank u.
    I'm also interested in open source application.

    cc, May 14, 2004