    Is this typical?

    Dan Lanciani
    [email protected]*com

    Dan Lanciani, Nov 23, 2008

  2. Dan Lanciani

    Dan Lanciani Guest

    | On a 3640 with IOS 12.4(16a) I've observed that when I initiate a reload
    | all (or at least all I have connected) FXO ports on an NM-HDA go offhook
    | and remain so until they are finally configured when IOS starts up again.
    | Is this typical?

    (following up to my own question)

    This appears to be an intentional busyout feature, presumably to take trunks
    offline while the router is down. I can prevent it from having effect with
    the "busyout seize ignore" command on each voice-port, but of course that
    means that I can't busyout the port under other conditions either.

    Dan Lanciani
    [email protected]*com

    Dan Lanciani, Nov 23, 2008

  3. Dan Lanciani

    Dan Lanciani Guest

    | | On a 3640 with IOS 12.4(16a) I've observed that when I initiate a reload
    | | all (or at least all I have connected) FXO ports on an NM-HDA go offhook
    | | and remain so until they are finally configured when IOS starts up again.
    | | Is this typical?
    |
    | (following up to my own question)
    |
    | This appears to be an intentional busyout feature, presumably to take trunks
    | offline while the router is down. I can prevent it from having effect with
    | the "busyout seize ignore" command on each voice-port, but of course that
    | means that I can't busyout the port under other conditions either.

    Oops, I spoke too soon. For whatever reason this no longer works (or
    I was somehow fooled in the first place). Also, it looks like the FXO
    port is putting a ground on the line even though it is configured as
    loopstart (and normally works as such). This is really annoying since
    it basically kills my analog phone lines while the router is rebooting
    and if the router ever failed to come back up they would stay dead.

    Dan Lanciani
    [email protected]*com

    Dan Lanciani, Nov 24, 2008