    completely off the track? Any hint is welcome.

    Regards,
    Raphael

    Raphael Barabas, Feb 16, 2007

  2. http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps274/prod_eol_notice09186a008032d22d.html

    End of Life Announcement for the Network Module NM-1FE-FX for the
    Cisco 3600 Series Routers
    [...]

    There are no differences in functionality or pricing between the
    EoL NM and the new NM-1FE-FX-V2.

    Walter Roberson, Feb 16, 2007

  3. ...

    Yeah, Cisco isn't too steller detailing all their parts, especially
    when they seem to be older ones.
    Probably. It looks like much of the older NM cards, the parts to make
    them are no longer available, so they have to make new versions, that
    sometimes snuck in under the radar.

    Since all the online parts places only like the NM-1FE-FX-V2 and no
    mention of the NM-1FE-FX, I assume the later part is EOS'd, and the
    replacement V2 part is what you can get.
    The datasheet or the card exist? I'd guess the datasheet doesn't.
    The card seems to. sparco.com lists plenty available for purchase.

    I'd expect it only to function in a 3600 or 3700 with the approriate
    new enough rev of IOS on it.

    Doug McIntyre, Feb 16, 2007
  4. NM-1FE-FX-V2, 1-Port Fast Ethernet Network Module, FX Only

    Compatibility Supported Platforms:

    3660 series

    Interfaces/Ports Details 1 x SC 100Base-FX
    Product Type Network Module
    Interfaces/Ports 1 x 100Base-FX
    Certifications & Standards IEEE 802.3u

    Connectivity Media Multimode Fiber
    Data Transfer Rate 100Mbps Fast Ethernet
    Form Factor Plug-in Module
    Number of Ports/Channels 1
    Available Port Type 100Base-FX
    Additional Information LAN-to-LAN Routing
    Uplink to Fast Ethernet backbones on Catalyst series switches and
    other Cisco routers

    System Requirement Supported Platforms & Minimum IOS Versions:
    3845 - 12.3(11)T
    3825 - 12.3(11)T
    3745 - 12.2(13)T
    3725 - 12.2(13)T
    3660 series - 12.2(13)T
    3640 - 12.2(13)T
    3620 - 12.2(13)T
    2691 - 12.2(13)T

    Sincerely,

    Brad Reese
    http://www.BradReese.Com

    www.BradReese.Com, Feb 17, 2007

  5. Brad, Walter, Doug,

    Thank you for your thorough answers, they are precisely what i was
    looking for.

    Cheers,
    Raphael

    Raphael Barabas, Feb 19, 2007