    costs down under $10K by now? And why can't they make a car that
    keeps dust from getting on the windshield ... what's up with that?

    I think I'll wait a little longer before I upgrade.

    Annika1980, Feb 23, 2006

  2. What, no picture? :)

    Barry L. Wallis, Feb 23, 2006

  3. Annika1980

    m Ransley Guest

    Ask Canon for a raise

    m Ransley, Feb 23, 2006
  4. Annika1980

    jean Guest

    I see you are keeping your money for more important things like cameras,
    lenses. And you take the time to use them rather than bitching about stuff
    you don't have.

    Jean

    PS Dust on the windshield is normal, but inside the car, THAT is a problem.

    jean, Feb 23, 2006
  5. Annika1980

    ASAAR Guest

    Wait for another year or two and you should have a choice of
    better power plants. The new steam powered models should easily get
    the 0-60 times down in the 3 second range. If you want greater
    efficiency, opt for one using the latest high efficiency electric
    motors, and it would also be a good idea to get the highest capacity
    batteries offered.. Sadly, no manufacturer yet offers an optional
    trailer than accepts banks of NiMH AA cells. You can easily convert
    any car to include an anti-dust system, one that works full time,
    not just when you start and stop the engine. Simply replace the
    shocks with a worn out set. If you don't want to pay too much, you
    know the drill. Either wait several months after the new models are
    released before buying, try eBay, or cruise the Brooklyn chop shops.

    ASAAR, Feb 23, 2006
  6. Annika1980

    Scott W Guest

    I would like to think that digital cameras are at about the same point
    in development as the Ford Model A was. With the 30D is as if Ford
    kept the model A but added cup holders, sure cup holders are nice but
    we were kind of hoping for the Model T to come out this year.

    Scott

    Scott W, Feb 23, 2006
  7. You missed the upgrade curve for cars, when improvements in
    manufacturing, technology and economies of scale were driving car prices
    down, at least in relative terms. I am not clear as to when that
    happened- maybe in the 50's?

    John McWilliams, Feb 23, 2006
  8. Annika1980

    jean Guest

    Scott, the model T came before the model A.

    jean, Feb 23, 2006
  9. Annika1980

    Scott W Guest

    Shoot you are right, kind of ruins my whole point.

    Scott

    Scott W, Feb 23, 2006
  10. Annika1980

    SimonLW Guest

    Yep! Just saw the 20D vs. the D200 review. There is just no clear advantage
    of 8mp vs 10mp to make Canon come out with the 30D 10mp instead of 8mp.
    Enjoy the 20D!
    -S

    SimonLW, Feb 23, 2006
  11. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    Yep! Just saw the 20D vs. the D200 review. There is just no clear advantage
    Many people don't realize that a 8.2MP image from the 20D can be
    interpolated up to 24MP without any serious degradation, but noise is
    noise at any resolution.

    Annika1980, Feb 23, 2006
  12. Annika1980

    Bill Funk Guest

    I think to do that sort of upsampling, you need to leave the AA filter
    off, don't you?
    :)

    Bill Funk, Feb 23, 2006
  13. Annika1980

    Mark² Guest

    Nah...your point still came through...

    Mark², Feb 24, 2006
  14. Annika1980

    Phil Guest

    Look at if from another point of view.

    The depreciation is minimal on your old car because the new one doesn't have
    much more to offer. However, this means that the second hand car market
    prices are high for your old car, so it is likely that you may be able to
    get a good deal by trading in your old car for a new one.

    Phil, Feb 24, 2006
  15. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    However, this means that the second hand car market
    Last time I checked, the Kelly Blue Book value on my car was something
    like $1750, even though I couldn't buy anything near as good for less
    than $3K - $5K. I've got a big dent in the rear where a guy backed
    into me. Just for fun, I had it estimated at a body shop and they said
    they could fix it right up for $1800. Figuring that's about what the
    car was worth, I told them, "OK, just fix it and keep the sumbitch and
    we'll be all square!"

    Annika1980, Feb 24, 2006
  16. Annika1980

    Phil Guest

    Are you saying you crashed your car, and didn't have insurance?

    Phil, Feb 24, 2006
  17. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    Are you saying you crashed your car, and didn't have insurance?

    I've got insurance, but it isn't worth the $500 it would cost me to
    have it fixed.
    I have a fear that as soon as I spent the money on some silly cosmetic
    flaw like that, the motor would explode or something.

    Annika1980, Feb 25, 2006