    Also, any idea if this stuff can be adapted to modern day Nikon's?

    tnx
    mgg

    Michael Gardner, Oct 12, 2004

  2. Yes, I saw the same thing with my coolpix 880 (uses USB, I don't own it
    anymore), with both photopc and gphoto2.

    Newer Nikon's use the PTP protocol, I don't have experience with them
    (i.e. no details as to what works without googling). The newer Olympus
    cameras still uses sierra, though I could not get photopc working with my
    Olympus (don't know if it is a problem with photopc or my setup, and
    haven't tried to figure it out), gphoto2 works fine with my Olympus -
    including the zoom.

    -- Patrick Mansfield

    Patrick Mansfield, Oct 12, 2004