    affected.

    Availability in the U.S. is not clear to me... will this be a direct
    download/purchase from Nikon or a shrinkwrap purchase from a retailer?

    bmoag, Jul 8, 2006

  2. bmoag

    OhNo Guest

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GEQ0HW/104-1423901-8442339?v=glance&n=502394

    OhNo, Jul 8, 2006

  3. It was available at NikonUSA.com in the downloads section. Followed the
    instructions from another group and only downloaded the program, not
    the 172mb download. Went to the Microsoft.NET web site and downloaded
    the .NET framework. Somerhow that didn't go through and on installation
    Capture NX went to the microsoft site and downloaded what it needed,
    about 40mb worth, still don't understand this extra 100+ mb that you
    have to get on the 172mb download.
    Everything worked, well as much as I could do at 11PM. I agree the
    color point is intriguing, had some photos from a balloon festival that
    needed a little extra pop in the sky. I had tried selecting the sky and
    working that way but there always was a seem, this just handles the
    blues, then the oranges in the clouds, very cool.

    Tom

    thomas.c.monego, Jul 8, 2006
  4. bmoag

    leon Guest

    I just installed the trial, i have .net 2 installed, when capture nx setup
    runs it downloads .net 1.1 and installs that also, seems it don't like .net
    2.

    leon, Jul 8, 2006
  5. bmoag

    k-man Guest

    I found the link yesterday morning by looking for "capture NX" in the
    knowledge base. I found the Windows and Macs install links that way.
    Today, I see those links listed on the software download page.

    Kevin

    k-man, Jul 8, 2006
  6. bmoag

    Jim Waggener Guest

    download trial here:
    http://support.nikontech.com/cgi-bin/nikonusa.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=61

    Jim Waggener, Jul 8, 2006
  7. bmoag

    Bigguy Guest

    Installed the trial yesterday...

    First impressions? clean interface, useful default settings BUT it's so
    slow....
    I have a 3.7GHz 2GB PC and it maxes the CPU for 30 -40 secs at a time when
    making adjustments...

    I.m reading up and trying to see if it can be optimised to be faster.
    As it is now it's unusable for me - too darn slow.

    Guy

    Bigguy, Jul 9, 2006
  8. You better check your system setting since this is about how fast it runs on
    my dual P3 600 test system. With the system you got I would expect to see
    less than a second of lag time between adjustments.

    Rita

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=, Jul 9, 2006

  9. I have a AMD 2.8 Athlon with 1.5 gigs of RAM, XP pro CNX runs about the
    same as Photoshop CS2 when converting files.

    Tom

    thomas.c.monego, Jul 9, 2006