    philo  Guest

  2. philo

    Rob Guest

    Rob, Feb 17, 2013

  3. philo

    philo  Guest

    I used my watch repair tools and put it all back together again

    https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/58410_582236558470384_1806324042_n.jpg

    Seriously though, a friend of mine gave it to me just to fool around
    with...It was not working and not worth repairing...
    so I took it apart just to see what was inside.

    Except for a few parts, I am putting the rest of it in the electronics
    recycle bin.

    There is a Goodwill store near my house and my friend got a *new* very
    nice Nikon DSLR for $150

    philo , Feb 17, 2013
  4. philo

    PeterN Guest

    I used to take things apart and put them back together. They seemed to
    work wuite well, but quite often I had parts left over.

    PeterN, Feb 17, 2013
  5. philo

    philo  Guest

    I started taking things apart ever since I was a kid...
    somewhere around ten or so I managed to put them back together again.

    I repaired my first radio when I was 12.

    Today I rebuild computers...but taking apart that camera...
    no way would I get it back together...but it was good practice.

    philo , Feb 17, 2013
  6. philo

    Rob Guest

    I pull heaps of things apart to see if there is a simple repair solution
    - usually not these days.

    Rob, Feb 17, 2013
  7. philo

    philo  Guest

    I have to train myself to work on laptops...
    I should probably take a course in watch repair!

    philo , Feb 18, 2013
  8. philo

    PeterN Guest

    At that age, or possibly a bit older, I would go to radio repair stores
    and get their old tubes. I then would make my own radios, and sometimes
    transmitters from those unwanted spare parts. After I was married I put
    this knowledge to practical use. We had a neighbor who wold play her
    boombox radio loudly enough to be annoying. Her boyfriend's response was
    less than polite when we asked if they would turn it down. I built a low
    power transmitter, tuned it to their favorite station and jammed the
    signal. That quickly solved the problem.

    PeterN, Feb 18, 2013
  9. philo

    PeterN Guest

    Unfortunately, arthritis interferes with my manual dexterity and hand
    strength. '-(

    PeterN, Feb 18, 2013
  10. philo

    John Turco Guest

    John Turco, Feb 18, 2013
  11. philo

    John Turco Guest

    A sad end, to a hapless digicam. The departed one appeared to be a model
    within Nikon's "P" line of "super zoom" cameras.

    (I own a factory-refurbished Nikon "P500" puppy.)
    What? Where is this place, selling such gear so cheaply? (An address
    would be quite helpful.)

    John

    John Turco, Feb 18, 2013
  12. philo

    Rob Guest

    Nothing left in a watch now just change the battery or throw the watch. :)

    Rob, Feb 19, 2013
  13. philo

    Rob Guest

    I manage with a large magnifying glass over the desk work space.

    Rob, Feb 19, 2013
  14. philo

    philo  Guest

    I live in Milwaukee.
    My friend who got that deal scours the store like a hawk.

    Such deals are fairly rare...but they do happened.

    He sometimes gets new Epson printers there and even got a like-new LED
    monitor

    philo , Mar 12, 2013