    Looked at Nikon's web site and several photo vendors. Other than the price
    what is the difference?

    Steve

    Steve Edwards, Jan 17, 2004

  2. Steve Edwards

    Ruut Guest

    ED stands for Extra low Dispersion glass and IF for Internal Focussing.
    IF prevent's that the size of the barrel changes while focussing... The
    elements are shifting inside the lens.
    Ruut

    Have a look at www.nikonlinks.com

    Ruut, Jan 17, 2004

  3. Steve Edwards

    andrew29 Guest

    The important difference is AF-S, Silent Wave Motor. Much moother,
    quieter, and faster focussing. Hockey is such a fast sport that
    you'll appreciate AF-S.

    Andrew.

    andrew29, Jan 17, 2004
  4. Steve Edwards

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    AF-S (Silent Wave) autofocus system. Much, much faster and
    you can touch it manually on the fly without switching to manual.
    A real boon for sports shooters.

    Paolo Pizzi, Jan 17, 2004