    will get 90% or better from my optics. Not even D3x=D4 will
    deliver this. Maybe I should wait for D5?
    Tony (Nikon fan since the S3)

    Tony the insider, Nov 17, 2008

  2. Tony the insider

    Jurgen Guest

    Do I read you right Tony?
    The currect crop of Nikon lenses will resolve to about 90% of their
    potential on a 34 megapixel camera? Or do you mean the camera will exceed
    the lenses resolving power by 10%?

    Jurgen, Nov 17, 2008

  3. Tony the insider

    trouble Guest

    This belongs in the RichA catalog of non-sequiturs.

    trouble, Nov 17, 2008
  4. Tony the insider

    Me Here Guest

    RichA will only buy a camera if it's made from Tungsten Stainless Steel and
    weighs 75 lbs, his lens elements must be made with transparent aluminum,
    housed in Tungsten Stainless Steel.

    Me Here, Nov 17, 2008
  5. Alas, Transparent Aluminum doesn't have a high enough transmission
    percentage for modern multi-element lenses.
    http://www.surmet.com/alon.html

    Michael Benveniste, Nov 18, 2008
  6. Tony the insider

    Paul Furman Guest

    Well, it looks like it'll be released as a D3x instead.

    --
    Paul Furman
    www.edgehill.net

    Paul Furman, Nov 28, 2008