    Strangely DXO also place the D3 above the 1D
    They are very good at testing optics.

    Never mind you are the only one who is right.

    Chris H, Nov 19, 2008

  2. Tony the insider

    Steve Guest

    That depends on what the pro is shooting. For fast action or low
    light, the D3 is a much better camera than the 1Ds. For studio
    photography, maybe/maybe not. A good pro will use the right tool for
    the job, which could be either depending on the job.

    But for general purpose all around shooting if you could only have one
    camera and had to make a choice between the D3 and 1DsMkII, those
    magazines got it right. As we all know, megapixels isn't everything
    and 16.7 MP isn't all that much more than 12.1 MP when it comes to
    real world photography. Even compared to a 1DsMkIII, I'd take the D3
    if I could only have one.

    Steve

    Steve, Nov 19, 2008

  3. Tony the insider

    Guest Guest

    that was me who said that, and perhaps i was a little off in my timing
    as it was 2008 when nikon moved ahead.

    ...snip..

    then you go on to say:
    the discussion was about dslrs, not all digital cameras, and you even
    agree with it. it was spawned by your statement that nikon is *forced*
    to update the d700 and d300 because they're struggling and losing
    market share to canon, yet you now say that nikon sold more dslrs than
    canon did.
    so the 1ds can do 10 frames per second? how about high iso?

    Guest, Nov 19, 2008
  4. Tony the insider

    Eric Stevens Guest

    You should consider using dry glass plates. I find they are much more
    convenient than the wet collodion process I have been using up till
    now.

    Eric Stevens

    Eric Stevens, Nov 19, 2008
  5. Tony the insider

    Eric Stevens Guest

    LOL :)

    Eric Stevens

    Eric Stevens, Nov 19, 2008
  6. Tony the insider

    tony cooper Guest

    There was glass to steal in your neighborhood? Oh, to live in such
    luxurious surroundings! When I were a lad we had to rub sand and
    ashes between our palms until it formed into glass. Kept our hands
    warm, though, so on snowy days we walked to school on our hands 'cause
    we had no shoes. We'd fed those to baby brother long ago.

    tony cooper, Nov 20, 2008
  7. Tony the insider

    Ken Hart1 Guest

    This parrot is dead. If you hadn't nailed his feet to the perch, he'd be
    pushing up daisies.

    Ken Hart1, Nov 20, 2008
  8. Tony the insider

    J. Clarke Guest

    Well, o'course it was nailed there! If I hadn't nailed that bird down,
    it would have nuzzled up to those bars, bent 'em apart with its beak,
    and VOOM! Feeweeweewee!

    J. Clarke, Nov 20, 2008
  9. Tony the insider

    Paul Furman Guest

    D3x at that link now.

    --
    Paul Furman
    www.edgehill.net

    Paul Furman, Nov 28, 2008
  10. Tony the insider

    Paul Furman Guest

    "The D3x has ...unique OLPF (optical low pas filter)"
    What would be unique about that?

    IMAGE PROCESSING
    The D3x’s 16-bit EXPEED engine ... is also tuned to minimise the effects
    of colour fringing with older F-mount Nikkor lenses, and to minimise the
    effect of unnatural-looking (digital) noise patterns. Vignette
    (peripheral fall-off) can also be controlled for creative effect.

    ACTIVE D-LIGHTING
    The D3x features a new Extra High Active D-Lighting setting, designed to
    better manage extremely high-contrast scenes, especially tonal gradation
    in highlights.

    ISO 100-1600 native.

    No dust shaker.

    Lens rumors: