    default instead of having to click the control wheel to that position each new
    shot?

    Tim

    Destin_FL, Feb 12, 2006

  2. Destin_FL

    babalooixnay Guest

    I think it's the same as the D50. In the menu there is a timer
    shutdown that can be extended to about 15 minutes if I remember
    correctly.

    babalooixnay, Feb 12, 2006

  3. Destin_FL

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On 12 Feb 2006 15:50:31 -0800, in rec.photo.digital
    The OP is asking how to set it in a timer mode that does not have to
    be reset after every shot. Which unfortunately is not possible.
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://EdwardGRuf.com

    Ed Ruf, Feb 13, 2006
  4. I use the IR remote with timer setting. It stays fixed unless I
    manually change it with the control wheel. I lose the setting if I
    turn the camera off. It helps that I have an IR remote.

    DuncanC

    Duncan Chesley, Feb 13, 2006
  5. Destin_FL

    JimmyG Guest

    Let it set for a while & it will automatically reset. It won't STAY in the
    remote/self-timer mode for more than the maximum allowed (Which is only a
    few minutes, at best).

    Easy way to make it work? For only $1,700 you can get a D200 that sets on
    manual self-timer until you change it!

    JimmyG, Feb 14, 2006
  6. Destin_FL

    Destin_FL Guest

    Yeah D200.... don't get me wrong, I love my D70, but I'm waiting on whatever
    replaces the Canon 20D. I may be wrong but think that will be a D200 killer.

    I have the D70 IR remote, but at close distance to the front of the camera, the
    angle that it needs to see to make itself happy and fire from the IR dang near
    puts your hand holding the remote in the shot. Now if Nikon could make the IR
    work from the REAR of the camera they'd really have something!!!!

    Tim

    _______________

    Destin_FL, Feb 14, 2006
  7. Per Destin_FL:
    I hesitate to say this... but I really did manage to do it... Are you sure you
    are holding the remote facing in the right direction?

    I spent the first few days puzzling on how they can make such a
    poorly-performing system. Then I realized I was holding the control backwards.
    Not *quite* as dumb as it sounds, IMHO, bc looking at it just seems like the
    right way to hold it.

    Doing it right, I'm good for 15-20 feet indoors, no problem. Dunno about
    outdoors...

    (PeteCresswell), Feb 15, 2006
  8. Destin_FL

    Buster Guest

    20D is being replaced with the 30D (how clever). It's mostly updating
    the 20D, nothing exciting, still only 8 megs, but about the same
    price.
    buster

    Buster, Mar 19, 2006