    MikeS Guest

    Anyone know what the D 70's flash trigger voltage is?
    TIA MikeS

    MikeS, Jun 5, 2004

  2. MikeS

    TheNewsGuy Guest

    If this helps...

    "Third party flashes can be used in manual mode but Nikon warn that
    trigger voltage should not exceed 250 volts, since this can damage in
    camera electronic circuits. Check with a voltmeter if in doubt and
    also make sure no negative current is used."

    from: http://www.dcviews.com/reviews/Nikon-D70/Nikon-D70-review.htm

    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    + The News Guy(Mike) - Seinfeld Lists
    + (two mirrored sites)
    + http://membres.lycos.fr/tnguym
    + http://waveprohosting.com/tnguym
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

    TheNewsGuy, Jun 7, 2004

  3. MikeS

    MikeS Guest

    I telephoned Nikon and they say that all Nikon camers are designed to you a
    triggger voltage of between 12.5 and 15volts wich is what my Jessops guns
    tigger voltage is.
    Once again thanks.
    MikeS

    MikeS, Jun 7, 2004
  4. MikeS

    MikeS Guest

    I didnt engage my brain this morning this what I should have writen :-
    I telephoned Nikon and they say that all Nikon cameras are designed for a
    trigger voltage of between 12.5 and 15 volts which is the trigger voltage of
    my Jessops gun. But its best to get the Nikon 600 or 800 flash guns. As I am
    going to some macro photograpy and I have a flash meter I think I can cope
    until some askes me what do I want for Christmas.

    Once again thanks.
    MikeS

    MikeS, Jun 7, 2004