    and provide no metering. These same manual lenses used with these
    adaptors on Canon EOS cameras provide metering, more function than on
    most Nikon AF cameras. Strange but true!

    LQQK, Oct 25, 2005

  2. I strongly disagree with your "almost useless" opinion, though. I use
    many such lenses quite frequently.

    David Dyer-Bennet, Oct 25, 2005

  3. LQQK

    GTO Guest

    Actually, I am quite happy that my D70 does not meter when connected with a
    T-mount to a microscope. The meter would just get me funny readings. The
    histogram, even it's mainly recording intensities of the green channel, is
    very useful for what I am using the D70. But then again, I like that the
    Canons are able to meter with older lenses. This is very convenient and
    something Nikon dropped from the D70 since they believe that serious
    amateurs shall spend $5000 if they want this feature. It's another unwise
    Nikon limitation, just like the missing MLU, that makes them just look like

    Gregor

    GTO, Oct 26, 2005
  4. I have a D70 with 3rd party lenses, so Nikon lost on lens sales there.
    If there is an adaptor to mate a Nikon lens to a Canon body would
    someone not be making an adaptor to mate a Nikon MF lens with a D70 body
    to get metering ?
    I have a few Nikon lenses packed away in the roof which I'd love to use
    again.I'm in South Africa and guess the cost involved in postage and
    sending them to the US to be modified wouldn't be worth the effort.

    Bernard Rother, Oct 26, 2005