    [D50 is an APS-C sensor based camera].

    thanks
    -kamal

    kamal, Apr 30, 2010

  2. kamal

    Rich Guest

    On Apr 30, 1:51 am, kamal <> wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    >  Can someone tell me the settings required to the D50 menu -so that
    > zeiss 50mm f/1.4 zf.2 lens can be used in aperture priority mode
    > preferably at f/2.0 or less? Also, what is the max (closest to f/1.4)
    > aperture setting which will give me edge to edge sharpness on a d50?
    > [D50 is an APS-C sensor based camera].
    >
    > thanks
    > -kamal

    You wouldn't happen to be from Turkey, would you? You can use the
    lens, but you won't be able to meter on the D50. You'll need to stop
    the lens down from to f5.6 to get edge to edge sharpness.

    Rich, May 1, 2010

  3. kamal

    kamal Guest

    On May 1, 9:14 am, Rich <> wrote:
    > On Apr 30, 1:51 am, kamal <> wrote:
    >
    > > Hello,

    > >  Can someone tell me the settings required to the D50 menu -so that
    > > zeiss 50mm f/1.4 zf.2 lens can be used in aperture priority mode
    > > preferably at f/2.0 or less? Also, what is the max (closest to f/1.4)
    > > aperture setting which will give me edge to edge sharpness on a d50?
    > > [D50 is an APS-C sensor based camera].

    > > thanks
    > > -kamal

    > You wouldn't happen to be from Turkey, would you?  > You can use the

    No -I am from India.

    > lens, but you won't be able to meter on the D50.  You'll need  to stop
    > the lens down from to f5.6 to get edge to edge sharpness.

    the 50mm lens is a zf.2 which means I can use the camera to control
    aperture. Pl assume that its a nikon af-s lens in aperture priority
    mode and tell me what I need to do on the camera to get the best
    results?

    thanks
    -kamal

    kamal, May 1, 2010