  1. nedu.hyf

    nedu.hyf Guest

    Which one would you choose and why?

    nedu.hyf, Aug 24, 2007

  2. nedu.hyf

    guidezone Guest

    guidezone, Aug 24, 2007

  3. nedu.hyf

    SMS Guest

    400D

    Reasons:

    1. Better high-ISO performance (lower noise)
    2. Better selection of lenses (D40/D40x cannot use older Nikon lenses)
    3. Better accessory selection (including vertical/battery grip)
    4. Too few focus points on the D40x (nine on the 400D, three on the D40)

    The D80 is really the competitor to the 400D, the D40x is strictly entry
    level. I'd buy the D80 over the 400D.

    SMS, Aug 24, 2007
  4. 400D. The D40x, whilst a good camera, is a toy in comparison the the
    400D which will take you further in terms of your photography options.
    The d40x is for the point and shoot crowd really. D80 is the Nikon
    competitor the the 400D and I would still take the 400D. Here the reason
    is a quite personal just preferring the feel and user interface, but
    that is highly user specific. The D80 is a great camera.

    Cheers,

    Wayne

    Wayne J. Cosshall
    Personal art site http://www.cosshall.com/

    Wayne J. Cosshall, Aug 24, 2007
  5. nedu.hyf

    ray Guest

    Neither. I would go Sony Alpha. One reason would be in camera IS.

    ray, Aug 24, 2007
  6. nedu.hyf

    Matt Ion Guest

    The 400D, because I can use all my existing Canon gear with it :p

    Matt Ion, Aug 24, 2007
  7. The Nikon felt much better in my hands. I ended up with the D40 rather
    than the D40x as I felt that 6MP better suited my picture taking and may
    provide better high-ISO performance. At the time, Canon offered nothing
    like the high-performance but very light weight 55 - 200mm IS (VR) lens.
    The cost was less as well.

    David

    David J Taylor, Aug 24, 2007
  8. nedu.hyf

    Pete D Guest

    The A100 is really sad compared to the Nikon and Canon and I don't like
    either of those either.

    Pete D, Aug 24, 2007
  9. nedu.hyf

    ray Guest

    Personal preference, I guess. For now, I plan to stick with my Kodak P850.

    ray, Aug 24, 2007