Nikon D300s is the top camera on PC World's list of Best Products of 2009

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by agvx, Nov 29, 2009.

  1. agvx

    agvx Guest

    agvx, Nov 29, 2009

  2. agvx

    ray Guest

    ray, Nov 29, 2009

  3. Very similar to the computer magazine one reads to choose a camera!

    John McWilliams, Nov 29, 2009
  4. agvx

    RichA Guest

    Uh, no there aren't. Despite its age (Yes, the s is s warmed over
    300) the camera is still the height of its class. There is nothing
    cheaper that can match it in all categories. Canon's 7D produces good
    images, but no one trusts their bodies.

    RichA, Nov 29, 2009
  5. agvx

    J. Clarke Guest

    However when Amazon has a significant number of reviews for a product they
    are generally worthwhile reading.

    J. Clarke, Nov 29, 2009
  6. agvx

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Uh, yes there are.

    Ray Fischer, Nov 29, 2009
  7. agvx

    Ray Fischer Guest

    And I'm sure that PC World has quite the photo lab to objectively test
    cameras (cough).

    Ray Fischer, Nov 29, 2009
  8. agvx

    RichA Guest

    Whackjob. I've used the D300 for almost 2 years and it's no crappy
    P&S like you probably use.

    RichA, Nov 30, 2009
  9. agvx

    RichA Guest

    Oh this I HAVE to read. Which are the cheaper, better alternatives?

    RichA, Nov 30, 2009
  10. agvx

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Let's see you define "better" first, idiot. And no, it is not the
    same as whatever brand arouses YOU.

    Ray Fischer, Nov 30, 2009
  11. agvx

    RichA Guest

    Intellectual bankruptcy again I see.

    RichA, Nov 30, 2009
  12. agvx

    Ray Fischer Guest

    LOL! The rightard runs away! "Best" really is supposed to be whatever
    he says it is.

    Ray Fischer, Nov 30, 2009
  13. agvx

    whisky-dave Guest

    I wonder why that don;t advertise cameras like the do sports cars,
    i.e with scantily clad models all over them, it'd be much more appropriate
    than having them on car bonnets/boots.
    Not that it'll give us an idea of which camera is best but it'd make the
    reviews (cough)
    more entertaining. @-)

    whisky-dave, Nov 30, 2009
  14. agvx

    Guest Guest

    Guest, Nov 30, 2009
  15. agvx

    Chris H Guest

    I don't see how something released so recently can be on a Best Product
    List as no one has really had time to assess it and use it. The reviews
    are at best preliminary evaluations.

    Chris H, Nov 30, 2009
  16. agvx

    Rich Guest

    Best AF.
    Best control of all functions.
    Best body.

    Rich, Nov 30, 2009
  17. agvx

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Show your evidence and then explain how that makes it the best camera.
    Pure opinion.
    Only because you say so.

    Ray Fischer, Dec 1, 2009
  18. agvx

    Bob Larter Guest

    Not that you have a bias against Canon...

    Bob Larter, Dec 1, 2009
  19. agvx

    Bob Larter Guest

    The geniuses at that site used Live-view to focus the DSLRS. Given that
    they negated the phase-based focusing system, it's not much of a
    surprise that the images were soft.

    Bob Larter, Dec 1, 2009
  20. agvx

    Bob Larter Guest