    up. The D5000 is far better. Did Nikon have some CCDs left over and
    had to use them up? Seems like the D40/40x got much better reviews
    and they came before the D3000.

    RichA, May 19, 2010

  2. Yes, it has older CCDs.

    As you note, the D40 was a much earlier camera, and doubtless peoples
    expectations have risen since then. The D5000, as you note, is excellent.

    David

    David J Taylor, May 19, 2010

  3. RichA

    Peter Guest

    So don't buy

    Peter, May 19, 2010
  4. RichA

    Bruce Guest

    It's definitely not a lemon.

    Like every other manufacturer's entry-level DSLR, it's kind of ...

    .... entry-level.

    Bruce, May 19, 2010
  5. RichA

    RichA Guest

    How DO you come up with such profundities?

    RichA, May 19, 2010
  6. RichA

    RichA Guest

    It's like...they didn't care. How else to explain the worst JPEG's on
    the planet?

    RichA, May 19, 2010
  7. RichA

    Bruce Guest

    Better than Sony's entry-level junk using the same sensor. ;-)

    Bruce, May 20, 2010
  8. Not Nikon, Kodak's are/were the worst JPEGs. You did know that you can
    alter the quality settings on the D3000 so suit your own needs, I suppose?
    And if you must, you can use RAW and bypass JPEGs altogether.

    David

    David J Taylor, May 20, 2010
  9. RichA

    Peter Guest

    I wonder if Rich ever actually shot with the camera.

    Peter, May 20, 2010
  10. RichA

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Rich hates everything.