    it. Can someone help me out? Where do I find that setting, or, is front curtain
    synch the default for the camera and I shouldn't have to worry about it? I
    appreciate any help. Thanks.

    rfdjr, Sep 17, 2005

  2. rfdjr

    praecox Guest

    When you adjust your flash setting that would be the "slow" setting.
    Slow sync is the same as front curtain sync - when you choose "rear"
    that's your rear curtain sync. It's not the default so make sure you
    make the changes.

    Hope this helps! and have fun at the show. :D

    praecox, Sep 17, 2005

  3. rfdjr

    Roy Guest

    Hi.

    Do make some test shots well before hand. I and some others have reported
    that the SB600 and SB800, both give slight under-exposure. It seems to be
    deliberate Nikon policy, perhaps a hangover from the days of underexposing
    to get saturated colour on slide film.

    I almost always use plus a half or plus one stop Flash compensation.

    Roy G.

    Roy, Sep 17, 2005
  4. rfdjr

    rfdjr Guest

    Thanks, but where do I go in the menu to choose the right setting? I can't find
    it in the manual. I'm sure it's there, just having trouble. Thanks again.

    rfdjr, Sep 18, 2005