    the camera before using the pop-up flash. Is this correct? Have I been
    doing this wrong all along? I know reading the manual is a must, but
    it was a crash course before my Daughter's wedding last year. Thanks.

    rfdjr1, Jul 4, 2004

  2. rfdjr1

    Tom Scales Guest

    You do have choices in sync, but the default you're using is right 99.99% of
    the time.

    Tom

    Tom Scales, Jul 4, 2004

  3. rfdjr1

    rfdjr1 Guest

    Thanks. But so I'm sure about this, I'm not making any selections,
    just popping the flash up and taking the picture. Is there a built-in
    default that you're referring to? I can see the choices: front curtain
    synch; red-eye reduction; red-eye reduction with slow synch; slow
    synch and rear curtain synch. Those I seem to have to actually choose
    using the flash synch mode button and command dial. But am I alright
    99.99% of the time if I don't use that button and dial? Thanks again.

    rfdjr1, Jul 5, 2004
  4. rfdjr1

    Tom Scales Guest

    Well, I just fired up my D100. The default seems to be 'standard' (just the
    box with the little flash squiggly). Your best bet is to read that section
    of your manual to learn the others, but leave it alone and you'll be OK.

    Tom

    Tom Scales, Jul 5, 2004
  5. rfdjr1

    rfdjr1 Guest

    Okay, thanks. I guess I still have to adjust the white balance to the
    little flash icon that's across the bottom along with flourescent,
    incandescent, sunlight, shade etc? I shouldn't just be flipping the
    flash up and shooting a picture? Also, while I want to one day get a
    good flash, like a speedlight, I can't afford one right now. But I do
    have a older Vivitar flash (Model 253 if that means anything, it's
    really old). The flash mounts and fires on the camera. I wonder how
    effective this would be while I wait to buy a new flash? Reading the
    flash manual, I might have to go manual with the camera, as I have to
    use the dial on the back of the flash. Any thoughts? Thanks again. By
    the way, I read the D100 manual, but a lot of stuff goes over my head
    since I'm only an amatuer, and some of the terminology I just don't
    understand. That's why the questions here.

    rfdjr1, Jul 5, 2004