    don't mind doing the extra work to process the photos, etc. if this is the
    case. Thanks for any info and advice.

    AW

    AW, Feb 19, 2005

  2. AW

    Pete D Guest

    A $50 camera will do perfectly acceptable photos for Ebay.

    Pete D, Feb 19, 2005

  3. AW

    [BnH] Guest

    For eBAY only .. I suggest you get a decent macro camera.
    Something with 2cm focusing range is much better.

    I use my D1H + 60 micro + 3 flash setup for catalogue shots in eBAY .. and
    it surely kills S410 image
    but if you are not selling anything where image of the item is critical ,
    those cam will do :)

    =bob=

    [BnH], Feb 19, 2005
  4. If 2.74 MP is good enough for you, get the Canon D30 instead. 3.2 MP
    APS-C size CMOS sensor. And because of the CMOS sensor, a very long
    battery life. About 400 to 600 exposures per charge. Speeds of 100 to
    1600. Goes for about $350 to $450 on eBay, body only most times. I
    really like mine. (And all my 35mm film equipment is manual Nikons.)

    If all you want is something to post pictures to eBay, as you've
    indicated in previous posts, take a look at the Olympus C-3030. 3.2
    MP. It's an older model, but does the job for me. Even has an
    external flash sync connector. A 5-pin proprietary Olympus one, to be
    sure, but on eBay they only cost about $10. Has a macro mode, that is
    advertised to focus down to 20 cm, about 8 inches. I usually get a lot
    closer -- around 75 mm, 3 inches, if I don't zoom to maximum focal
    length, but just a little less. I see them on eBay going for around
    $100 US in Ex+ to Mint condition.

    Stefan Patric, Feb 20, 2005